PDA

View Full Version : New to the PSP and have a question

ike66
September 10th, 2006, 02:55
Ok so i just got this psp about a week or so ago ..its gor 2.01 firmware on it and i have been using the eloader 0.9.8 from noobz.eu to run a little bit of homebrew stuff and it was all running pretty good. But now i see that the downgrader has been released im thinking about downgrading bu i have a few questions first. I use my psp for web browsing alot but i have also been running homebrew and hate having to reset the psp every time after i run play a game' when using homebrew with 1.50 do you need to reset like that to get back to the psp menu or can you just hit home like a normal UMD game. Second because i use it to browse the web alot i still want to have a web browser and the one thats i have with the 2.01 software is really nice....i was reading this http://jefte.net/psp/web-browsing-on-a-version-15-sony-psp/
and wandered if i do downgrade and do that will it be just like having the 2.0 software but i can run homebrew stuff? If not then is there a better way to get all the features of the new sony firmwares with homebrew programs?
Thanks in advance for helping out a psp noob

SSaxdude
September 10th, 2006, 03:16
If you downgrade, you can use all homebrew plus all the features of higher firmwares (up to 2.71 at the moment) thanks to Dev Hook. You can also use Dev Hook to launch all 2.0+ games on your 1.5. Email me and I'll send you a link to Dev Hook with all the needed files.

Also, you can exit homebrew by hitting the HOME button with homebrew on 1.5, to answer your question.

ike66
September 10th, 2006, 04:00
ok i sent en email your way

ACID
September 10th, 2006, 05:09
Theres actually a downgrader for 2.01 spesifically

splodger15
September 10th, 2006, 08:04
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/776 heres the 2.01 downgrader

Gene
September 10th, 2006, 08:23
good luck and welcome to 1.5

Wally
September 11th, 2006, 00:40
You can do exactly what you said :)

Lynx 2 apparently is good (never used it)

oh and uh downgrade like everyone said...
Enjoy!

Tetris999
September 11th, 2006, 00:43
yeah downgrade its hella good