PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreaking a ps3 does what exactly?

Reficul
February 5th, 2011, 13:32
I can't really find a solid answer for this question... as vids on youtube have comments saying "you cant even run backups!" and other stuff

My question is simple in my opinion

Can jailbreaking a ps3 allow backups of games you own? And if I backup a game... will I be able to play online?

If yes can you post a tutorial or a guide of somewhere to start? I see 3.55 is pretty popular... should I update/downgrade to that?

ALSO... my friends ps3 is busted... blu-ray doesnt work... can he backup his games and play them again?

Thanks ahead of time!

VampDude
February 6th, 2011, 12:53
I can't really find a solid answer for this question... as vids on youtube have comments saying "you cant even run backups!" and other stuff

My question is simple in my opinion

Can jailbreaking a ps3 allow backups of games you own? And if I backup a game... will I be able to play online?

If yes can you post a tutorial or a guide of somewhere to start? I see 3.55 is pretty popular... should I update/downgrade to that?

ALSO... my friends ps3 is busted... blu-ray doesnt work... can he backup his games and play them again?

Thanks ahead of time!

Unfortunately, backups can be run on a jail broken PS3... But thankfully, not online until the next custom firmware (if any).

chrissisco
February 11th, 2011, 04:30
Yes jailbreaking will allow you to run backups. On 3.55 kmeaw with the latest multiman you can copy game disk to hdd on ps3 or external usb and run the game. And about playing online, I'm trying Xlink Kai 7.3.1.7 (http://uploading.com/files/a194fa89/XLinkKai-7.3.1.7-win32.msi.html). I have yet to get it to work because i'm on wireless connection through a router. You need a wired connection for the easiest setup (http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/wiki/doku.php?id=evo7:ps3_setup). Also you should know this only works for games that have the option to play over a LAN.

Darksaviour69
February 11th, 2011, 18:01
No Piracy or "Backups" threads please