PDA

View Full Version : Incorrect GPS co-ordinates

Totaliser
September 10th, 2006, 08:14
Hi Deniska. Attached is my gps.rar (GPS.TXT is inside). I did a bit of driving around to get some useful data (I lose signal near the beginning for 10 secs or so). According to this file the latitude coord is 3931.8550 but map this will return -40.319158. I manage to compile your program and started playing around with some of the variables and I noticed that c.lat is the LAT variable on the screen. I do not have enough programming skills to find out the proper calculations for the latitude.
I have also noticed that when I do a wifi upload using the current co-ordinates, it puts me somewhere in the ocean and get an out of range error. Could you please run this through map this and tell me what you get.

seesoe
September 10th, 2006, 08:54
I have also noticed that when I do a wifi upload using the current co-ordinates, it puts me somewhere in the ocean and get an out of range error. Could you please run this through map this and tell me what you get.
when you do the wifi update you need to use a map that will cover ur area, example, global map, go to global map and activeate the gps, you will see the red arrow showing you where ur at, then go back to the menu and select wifi update. if u don't do the first step then the default place it will start to download a map for is the middle of the ocean

Totaliser
September 10th, 2006, 11:28
Yes, this is what I do. The Wifi coords are the same as when the GPS is turned on, so when I download it's the same as the present location, however the map that I have downloaded is not centred to where the GPS is. I have to move to the top right to get my correct position. But this still doesn't help my original problem that the gps lattitude coord is out.

deniska
September 11th, 2006, 06:03
It sounds like the coordinates in coords.txt in your map are screwed up...
Basically, that file contains the google sequence numbers for the top left tile at the most detailed zoom that you selected... (x, y & zoom)
You should be able to put those numbersfrom your file in to the url below and see the top left tile in your map...
For example, if you have:
19280 24656 1
then your top left tile (1x/000/1x000000.jpg should look like this:
http://mt1.google.com/mt?v=w2.21&x=19280&y=24656&zoom=1

If this is not the case, then something got screwed up during map generation... did you use in7ane's tool?

lewbacca
September 11th, 2006, 14:48
there must be a bug in the internal downloader..

when i download a map for hagen this is the town where i live in..
it downloads something from the area around münster.

i got the coords to download from the gps. it shows the correct coordinates.

but then if i switch on gps in map mode it says "out of range"

fokia
September 11th, 2006, 16:48
there must be a bug in the internal downloader..

when i download a map for hagen this is the town where i live in..
it downloads something from the area around münster.

i got the coords to download from the gps. it shows the correct coordinates.

but then if i switch on gps in map mode it says "out of range"

I think deniska may have left the old uncorrected scripts on the PSP downloader... I found that same error/offset on the first scripts for cygwin posted here by deniska...

deniska
September 11th, 2006, 18:05
I kinda stopped cygwin scripts support after in7ane came up with the windows GUI program... I was under impression that people did not use the scripts...

fokia
September 11th, 2006, 18:10
I kinda stopped cygwin scripts support after in7ane came up with the windows GUI program... I was under impression that people did not use the scripts...

The first scripts you've posted before even MapThis was out had that problem reported here, tested by me under cygwin... It's posible that you may have implemented those into MapThis?

A Fn NOOB
September 12th, 2006, 03:45
Maybe you need to ditch any old maps created with the early versions of MapThis and in7anes maploader and try importing the maps again?

pibs
September 12th, 2006, 03:47
man that would suck getting lost in the middle of nowhere cuz of a bad config

Totaliser
September 14th, 2006, 05:12
It sounds like the coordinates in coords.txt in your map are screwed up...
Basically, that file contains the google sequence numbers for the top left tile at the most detailed zoom that you selected... (x, y & zoom)
You should be able to put those numbersfrom your file in to the url below and see the top left tile in your map...
For example, if you have:
19280 24656 1
then your top left tile (1x/000/1x000000.jpg should look like this:
http://mt1.google.com/mt?v=w2.21&x=19280&y=24656&zoom=1

If this is not the case, then something got screwed up during map generation... did you use in7ane's tool?

No. I used Mapthis wifi to download. I will use in7ane map tool to try out.

Update: I used n7ane map tool then transferred the maps to the PSP. Everything worked perfectly, GPS coords were correct although the pointer was slight off iin some places. I guess the wifi needs a bit more work. Now I've got to give up my GPS receiver for someelse to borrow for 3 weeks! Thanks all.