PDA

View Full Version : How common are these screen joint cracks?, and what happens if you get em? (DS Lite)

chemical
September 10th, 2006, 14:17
Hey, *If you can't be bothered to read all this then just skip to the bold*

Well first, wooooooo! finally got the DS Lite, I had a £10 Woolworths voucher so i kept waiting for them to do a decent game 'n' console bundle for lite, eventually i just gave up and went in to buy them seperate, and what do I find, DS Lite and New Super Mario Bros for £109.98 :p, the cheapest i've seen it anywhere, usually its £120 for them both.

Anyways I bought that straight away, and now I'm enjoying this awesome console and game, particuly the mini games ;).

Then I just remember about people complaining about cracks on the DS Lite left (or was it right?) joint, so I figured I should find out more about this before it eats a way at me, how common is it?, what can you do to prevent it?, what happens if it is cracked?, etc.

Thanks for any help.

P.S, M3 Lite, Passcard 3 and Card Reader came too :D, now all im waiting for is the 2GB Micro SD.

demondude777
September 10th, 2006, 16:39
I have heard not to try and open the ds lite all the way to make it flat....stop it when it locks the first time and that won't put stress on the joint.

Mazza
September 10th, 2006, 18:37
Mine is starting to crack, i never open in flat and take great care of it. I think about 1% of users get the problem. At least that's what nintendo says. Anyway if it breaks nintendo will replace it free of charge

guitarmonkey
September 10th, 2006, 20:59
my DS Lite has the crack, and so does everyone i know who has one. i treat mine with utmost care and it is always in a case.

it doesnt hinder the DS in any way, its just asthetic. it MUST be more than 1% as every DS Lite owner i personally know has the crack.

its on the right had hinge as you look at the DS Lite

Qerppsmmnx
September 11th, 2006, 08:52
Would they have fix this problem for the new ones?