PDA

View Full Version : Saving

Yobumtin
September 10th, 2006, 17:56
Sooo...I have a question. When playing games on emulators I save the game. But when I reboot it I see that it only saves sometimes. Sometimes I save the game and I open it up again when I want to play again, but it says there's no data. So I was wondeing if there was anything I had to do to make it guaranteed to save.

Thanks.
:cool:

EDIT: For a little more help understanding my problem I'll just say what emulators I'm using. I'm Rin v 1.31 since I can't get v1.32 working. I'm using SnesPSP_TYL for snes roms (obviously) and its an edited version. And I'm also using PSP Genesis. I'm running the homebrew with 2.6 with a TA-082 with the newest eloader. The tiff exploit one.

psp828
September 10th, 2006, 18:35
just use save states.

Yobumtin
September 10th, 2006, 18:40
I'd rather get the saving problem fixed. I don't really like savestates becasue somehow I always overwrite them. Especially on Rin with the shortcut by holding R and pressing start and select. My finger always tends to lean on the R trigger. But I guess I can do that until or if someone knows how to fix it. But thanks :)

PlagueMusic
September 10th, 2006, 20:45
the roms may be read only or may be zipped. in rin don't save in TEMP.

GobboFett
September 11th, 2006, 13:55
SRAM (SRAM is a basic save file for a ROM) problems can be annoying or just not supported by the emulator. Maybe you should try changing emulators to Homer's RIN (v3.3) and Snes9x TYL (unsure of latest version). The last version of DGen that worked with eLoader was v1.40, but that is kind of outdated now so PSPGenesis is the way to go. Unfortunatley PSPGenesis will NOT save SRAM files properly so save states will have to do :(

Yobumtin
September 13th, 2006, 03:53
Alright thanks I'll try that :).