PDA

View Full Version : Best method to connect to HD TV..?

miseryguts1969
March 2nd, 2011, 10:30
Hello to all here..

I have just inherited a PAL Dreamcast and a whole stack of different region (PAL,NTSC-U,NTSC-J) games but without a video cable and a (is it called a vmu?)
A couple of questions really.. iv'e read somewhere that the Dreamcast can ouput some pretty nice visuals on a HDTV with the right connection (mine supports, pretty much all HDMI, VGA, Component etc) but i read some conflicting views, saying some games display great for example with VGA but not HDMI & others vice versa, i don't really want to be buying multiple different cables and swapping them for different games, is there a particular cable that is best in terms of game compatability?
Would i be able to play the different region games straight up, or would i need a workaround (boot disk, or whatever method is used)

Thanks for listening.

Eric
March 8th, 2011, 19:44
The Dreamcast only supports VGA and A/V cables you may find S-Video cables aswell but those dont work properly that i seen anyways. A VMU is for saving games so you'll need to find one of those over Ebay or small game shops that'll sell them used. Not all games support VGA so you'll have to switch back to A/V cables to get the games you want working to work properly. As for booting different region games yes you'll need a bootdisk but i think the only way for this to work you have to download one illegally or i think PlayAsia and Ebay may have legal ones. So check those sites out and you might be lucky.