PDA

View Full Version : PSP: CPS2PSP beta 2 With Palette Fixes Released

b8a
September 11th, 2006, 16:20
Here's yet another quick release from everyone's favorite 90's era arcade emulator porter, NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html). He has now updated his CPS2PSP emulator to beta 2 in order to address some palette issues.

What's Changed beta 2
-Made a fix for a new problem that occurred in some games due to a change in the palette processing. There are no changes other than the palette. Even the state save data can be used exactly as it is from the beta version.
Additionally, he added some new information for TIFF loader users:

I forgot to add this to readme_cps2.txt, but when using this under the TIFF loader, please add the text below to the appropriate file. When added to the GTA loader, memory decreases so please don't add it to that version. If you already added this portion for text 5/beta, then all you need to do is change [CPS2PSP_3ccaece6] and the ebootname in the first line.
The value in the first line can be determined through the EBOOT_signature.exe program that is included with eLoader 0.98.

[CPS2PSP_3ccaece6]
#************************************************* ************************#
#* CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator for PSP beta 2 *#
#*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*#
#* LOADER: 0.98 *#
#* TIFF: 2.0 - YES : Only the small size games can be played. *#
#* GTA: 2.0 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.01 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.5 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.6 - YES *#
ebootname=CPS2PSP beta 2
limitedMemoryManager=Y

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

tophead420
September 11th, 2006, 16:50
nice work on this. keep it up and i hope to see many more releases

pkmaximum
September 11th, 2006, 17:31
ONce again NJ makes another update on his CPS-2 emulator. This is a great adition, only if he would add multiplayers support =[

hack.fool
September 11th, 2006, 17:38
wooooo .... THANK YOU!! every day people like Nj make my psp the best piece of hardware I ever had...I will never thank homebrew coders enough...THANK YOU

ACID
September 11th, 2006, 18:23
Great thanks NJ and b8a for the news.

RetroGoth
September 11th, 2006, 18:29
Thanks on another great release

Mr. Shizzy
September 11th, 2006, 18:36
It's always a pleasure to see an update to this great emu. THANKS NJ !!! :D :) :D

ACID
September 11th, 2006, 18:38
I wonder what he has in store next.

QueadlunnRau
September 11th, 2006, 18:46
I wonder what he has in store next.

He will port the PS3! ~_^

NovaKane
September 11th, 2006, 18:47
Another release to improve an already great piece of homebrew is a good thing. Keep up the good work NJ. And of course, thanks.

BlackJack23
September 11th, 2006, 19:21
Good Work NJ

b8a: I love your new title!
DCEMU Translator ROFL:D

niobe
September 11th, 2006, 19:26
Thanks NJ. I tested this games:

1944: The Loop Master (US)
19XX: The War Against Destiny (US)
Alien vs. Predator (Euro)
Armored Warriors (Euro 941011) - requires Armored Warriors (Euro 941024)
Battle Circuit (Euro)
Capcom Sports Club (Euro)
Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness (US 950424) - requires Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness (Euro 950424)
Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors (Euro)
Dimahoo (US)
Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara (Euro)
Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom (Euro)
Eco Fightres (World)
Giga Wings (US)
Mars Matrix: Hyper Solid Shooting (US)
Marvel Super Heroes (US) - requires Marvel Super Heroes (Euro)
Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (US) - requires Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter (Euro)
Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (Asia) - requires Marvel Vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes (Euro)
Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters (US)
Mighty! Pang (Japan)
Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge (US)
Progear (US)
Ring of Destruction: Slammaster II (Euro)
Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors Dreams (Euro)
Street Fighter Alpha 2 (US)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (US)
Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix (US)
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (US)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (World)
Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers (World)
Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire (Euro)
X-Men vs. Street Fighter (US 961004) - requires X-Men vs. Street Fighter (Euro 961004)
X-Men: Children of the Atom (Euro)

All tested games is working.

NovaKane
September 11th, 2006, 19:28
Is there a translator out there who can let NJ know that Super Street Fighter II Turbo is still missing a lot of animations/sprites (the map, life bars, super bar, the intro of the game is missing animations too). Also, when doing certain special moves or attacks, the characters will disappear for a second. I know I'm not the only one that noticed this.

I would just settle with SSF2 but SSF2T has adjustable speed.

psp828
September 11th, 2006, 19:45
maybe its because you have frameskip on.

M!ckeY
September 11th, 2006, 20:14
lol, yeah..frameskip will do that to you :D

funy56
September 11th, 2006, 21:36
Hi

I download the file and it not working. I'm using 2.6
What do you mean by change the name CPS2PSP_3ccaece6? Do you mean the Eboot.PBP? Thnks

Here's yet another quick release from everyone's favorite 90's era arcade emulator porter, NJ (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html). He has now updated his CPS2PSP emulator to beta 2 in order to address some palette issues.

What's Changed beta 2
-Made a fix for a new problem that occurred in some games due to a change in the palette processing. There are no changes other than the palette. Even the state save data can be used exactly as it is from the beta version.
Additionally, he added some new information for TIFF loader users:

I forgot to add this to readme_cps2.txt, but when using this under the TIFF loader, please add the text below to the appropriate file. When added to the GTA loader, memory decreases so please don't add it to that version. If you already added this portion for text 5/beta, then all you need to do is change [CPS2PSP_3ccaece6] and the ebootname in the first line.
The value in the first line can be determined through the EBOOT_signature.exe program that is included with eLoader 0.98.

[CPS2PSP_3ccaece6]
#* CAPCOM CPS2 Emulator for PSP beta 2 *#
#*-----------------------------------------------------------------------*#
#* LOADER: 0.98 *#
#* TIFF: 2.0 - YES : Only the small size games can be played. *#
#* GTA: 2.0 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.01 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.5 - YES *#
#* GTA: 2.6 - YES *#
ebootname=CPS2PSP beta 2
limitedMemoryManager=Y

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

NovaKane
September 11th, 2006, 21:47
maybe its because you have frameskip on.

I have frameskip off. Actually this problem has existed since Test Version 5. SSF2T worked fine on Test Version 4 though.:confused:

Try it and you'll see what I'm talking about.

siulmagic
September 11th, 2006, 22:25
great update

emuking
September 11th, 2006, 23:54
really good update i love mvc so much !!!

Wingilot
September 11th, 2006, 23:56
Hey

I was wondering if I could get some help getting this emulator to run properly.

I'm new to regestering but not so new to the psp hombrew scene. I have a lot of different emulators and applications on my psp, but I can't seem to get the whole ROM, Cache, and Converter thing figured out for the CPS2 Emulator. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Wing

John Vattic
September 12th, 2006, 00:26
Hey

I was wondering if I could get some help getting this emulator to run properly.

I'm new to regestering but not so new to the psp hombrew scene. I have a lot of different emulators and applications on my psp, but I can't seem to get the whole ROM, Cache, and Converter thing figured out for the CPS2 Emulator. If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Wing

Yeah .
Also, does it require a bios because i have been looking all day and have found nothing about it.

John Vattic
September 12th, 2006, 00:40
I understand now.
one has to have(generate) a cache file for each game. thats what the converter is for.

nice emu by the way!

Apoklepz
September 12th, 2006, 01:21
OK...It's custom Eboot time!

Put this toghether myself with this last beta version, for all of you to enjoy.

Thanks Mr. Shizzy for the little Capcom theme intro & migsgiz for the little CPS2 system icon pic.

enjoy...the sample pics!

1.00 & 1.50 Eboots, as well as converter included.

GO PLAY!!!

BTW...the Icon is supposed to appear transparent in the PSP.

samthegreat68
September 12th, 2006, 02:47
I understand now.
one has to have(generate) a cache file for each game. thats what the converter is for.

nice emu by the way!
Ding Ding Ding! we have a winner!!
but some games like marvel vs capcom wouldnt work for me because i could only get the EURO version, so i just changed the name from MVSC. to MVSCU. and BLAMMO! it worked.

EsCO823
September 12th, 2006, 03:29
uuuhhhh ... could someone please tell me the correct files to getting SSFT2 to work? It seems the version I have will not load. Also, I don't know what I did .. at first I had problems with AVSP and then I can't remember with what version I used, I rewrote the cache and it worked but now I dont know what the hell I did to screw it up again??? :( anyone else having problems with AVSP?

EsCO823
September 12th, 2006, 03:34
Im sorry .. I meant SSF2T ... oops :P

razorak
September 12th, 2006, 03:50
oooo...gotta try it out...lol

Pumped'Up
September 12th, 2006, 04:16
NJ is KING!!!

THANKS DUDE!!! :D

samthegreat68
September 12th, 2006, 05:15
Im sorry .. I meant SSF2T ... oops :P
whats the diff between that and that snes version?? cuz the snes works like a dream and theres multi player on snesTYL. and genessis too i think, im not to big on the genessis.:rolleyes:

luis_05
September 12th, 2006, 05:46
He will port the PS3! ~_^

LMAO!!!!!! ^o^

luis_05
September 12th, 2006, 06:30
men im getting the same error, and why is it requiring the the us version and euro version?

im talking about x-men vs. street fighter :-(

Baboon
September 12th, 2006, 10:13
Well I only just updated my new memory card and my CPS2 stuff is now already old, cause NJ’s done it again by releasing an update in quick succession! :)

Thanks very much! :) ...this emulator is fantastic!!

razorak
September 12th, 2006, 10:14
Thanks very much! ...this emulator is fantastic!!

u bet it is....though i wonder what's the final release gonna be like

Baboon
September 12th, 2006, 10:40
u bet it is....though i wonder what's the final release gonna be like

In a final release I’d like to see an option to link two PSP’s together (which would be great for all the beat-em-ups)! ...No, change that to link 4 PSP’s together so you can all play the CPS2 Dungeons and Dragons at the same time! :)

It would also be great to play all of the big games with out any lag, but even with NJs great skills I cant see this ever happening (but I guess nothing is impossible??).

So apart from that I’d say he’s pretty close already to a ‘final’ version. :D

b8a
September 12th, 2006, 11:49
b8a: I love your new title!
DCEMU Translator ROFL:D Yeah... I wonder when that happened? (Thanks for laughing at me!!! (!_!))

@NovaKane: Uggh. NJ's already addressed this issue over and over again and is getting fed up with the question. If you've actually been reading the release notes, you'd know that he's been consistantly working on the cache system, and somewhere along the way he gave it a major overhaul. I've never used this emulator myself, so I can't remember when that was, but if ssf2t stopped working with the test 5 version, then that means that you failed to update your cache with the test 5 rom converter.

Seriously, half of the problems that people have with these emulators could be solved if they simply took the time to read even a google translation of the readme/release notes.

Veskgar
September 12th, 2006, 12:57
Seriously, half of the problems that people have with these emulators could be solved if they simply took the time to read even a google translation of the readme/release notes.
That is soooo true!

QueadlunnRau
September 12th, 2006, 16:07
Capcom by far has some of the BEST games EVER made IMO.

NJ I LUB U 4 THIS!!!

neosan
September 12th, 2006, 16:14
between the NeoGeo and the 2 Capcom Play Systems I am very happy thats for sure.

Apoklepz
September 12th, 2006, 17:48
Hey guys, any of you tested the customized Eboots for this emulator that I posted in the last page? (page #3 post #24)

...Just wanna know if you guys liked it, and if it worked.

Keep up the magnificent work NJ!

neosan
September 12th, 2006, 17:55
i tried it, what was supposed to happen?

Apoklepz
September 12th, 2006, 18:07
Ok...did the pictures come looking all right in the PSP's desktop menu, with the music playing in the back?

neosan
September 12th, 2006, 19:00
yea it did! Nice! I was looking in the wrong place, I am using eloader98 . Nice Job.

Apoklepz
September 12th, 2006, 19:03
Oh, ok...thanks! Glad you like the customs stuff I put together for one of NJ's great emulators.

ACID
September 12th, 2006, 19:22
Now try this one guys.:p
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/1138/pic1pp8.png (http://imageshack.us)

Dunpeal1978
September 12th, 2006, 23:05
Is this emu just like his Neo geo emu?cuz it doesnt have the folders to put roms and cache files in it?

pkmaximum
September 13th, 2006, 00:40
Is this emu just like his Neo geo emu?cuz it doesnt have the folders to put roms and cache files in it?

Load up the emulator once, then go back to your XMB, then go into USB mode, then go back to your emulator dir. Then you will find all the necessarry folders, for you to stick your Cache files and your roms.

DragonPimpsta
September 18th, 2006, 01:11
for some reason i cant download the attachments for this. wth

kalhalla
September 19th, 2006, 03:15
Omg Puzzle Fighter Here I Come

shak bo
September 19th, 2006, 04:17
Before I go bumbling stumbling through the instalation

is there anything I should know about running what I

hear is a really sweet emulator? Any help is welcome

Thx.

shak bo
September 19th, 2006, 04:33
This rules my roomate is gonna have to eat it!!!!!!!!

darthhaze420
September 19th, 2006, 07:06
i have tryed to put games that i have downloaded on the emlator and cant get them to work can any one please help me u can reach me at [email protected]

razorak
September 19th, 2006, 07:07
did u convert them? as in make the cache??

darthhaze420
September 19th, 2006, 07:09
no i do not know how

razorak
September 19th, 2006, 07:14
there's another fodler included called converter. Open it up and run the exe file and it will ask u to select a zip file. The zip file of cos has the CPS2 rom inside. it will then make a cache and autonamed. Later u must put it into the ROMS folder with the rom

darthhaze420
September 19th, 2006, 07:17
thank u i will try it out right now

darthhaze420
September 19th, 2006, 07:49
i am trying with street fighter alpha3 it tells me to copy zip file to the psp i cant find the zip file it made

darthhaze420
September 19th, 2006, 08:07
maby i need to try a different game i will try sf2 it is a smaller file

razorak
September 19th, 2006, 08:11
it's in the cache folder of the converter

darthhaze420
September 19th, 2006, 08:31
YOU ARE THE MAN i got it to work perfectly thank you RAZORAK

Dunpeal1978
September 19th, 2006, 15:49
Load up the emulator once, then go back to your XMB, then go into USB mode, then go back to your emulator dir. Then you will find all the necessarry folders, for you to stick your Cache files and your roms.

Thanks PK Maximum!!!!

Now all I need is some good roms for it?

Apoklepz
September 20th, 2006, 07:26
OK, I got most of my games to work by adding either a,e,j,jr1,u to the end of the rom name...the blank space that I've added to the example is where the corresponding added letter should go. If you open up with notepad or wordpad, the file included with the emulator, called "zipname.dat" you will see what I mean.

Example: mvsc_.zip

Everything works properly this way, and it seems I no longer need two versions of some games that did before to be able to run them.

I do have two questions though...

-How the Fluck do I get Marvel Superheroes to run? It's the game I've been wanting to play all along, and it just doesn't work...renamed and all...even with the cache zip, like the rest of the roms...It works in my PC emulator fine, though.

-How to get Super Street Fighter II Turbo to start? It won't even allow itself to convert...HUH?! Yep, you heard me right....and I already tried all the names for it, too...It also works like a charm on my PC emulator.

Can somebody shed some light on this?

NovaKane
September 21st, 2006, 01:28
OK, I got most of my games to work by adding either a,e,j,jr1,u to the end of the rom name...the blank space that I've added to the example is where the corresponding added letter should go. If you open up with notepad or wordpad, the file included with the emulator, called "zipname.dat" you will see what I mean.

Example: mvsc_.zip

Everything works properly this way, and it seems I no longer need two versions of some games that did before to be able to run them.

I do have two questions though...

-How the Fluck do I get Marvel Superheroes to run? It's the game I've been wanting to play all along, and it just doesn't work...renamed and all...even with the cache zip, like the rest of the roms...It works in my PC emulator fine, though.

-How to get Super Street Fighter II Turbo to start? It won't even allow itself to convert...HUH?! Yep, you heard me right....and I already tried all the names for it, too...It also works like a charm on my PC emulator.

Can somebody shed some light on this?

Since you got the whole renaming thing down, I can move on to the important stuff.

- For Marvel Super Heroes I used the Euro rom and the US rom.
Marvel Super Heroes (Euro 951024)
Marvel Super Heroes (US 951024)

- When trying to convert Super Street Fighter II Turbo, you'll need your Super Street Fighter II rom in the same folder if I'm not mistaking.

I hope that helps you out.