PDA

View Full Version : How to make ISO images for SD Adapter

Eric
March 7th, 2011, 23:50
I just wanted to help some people out who maybe new to the scene and own the SD Adapter for the Sega Dreamcast. So i have a how to make a ISO image for the SD Adapter.

Dreamcast SD Adapter

How to make Homebrew ISO’s:

If downloading a zipped/rar file and includes 1ST_READ.bin, IP.bin , extra files and folders extract them into the cd folder in the Make_ISO folder.

Make sure that your 1ST_READ.bin is unscrambled using IP Checker. When its unscramble make sure the 1ST_READ.bin name is the same if its not rename it to 1ST_READ.bin.

After this is completed use the Create_homebrew_ISO.bat and you have created your homebrew ISO file which is now compatible with your SD Adapter.

How to make a ISO from a CDI file:

Use a program like Daemon Tools lite and mount the CDI image. Once that is done go to Computer/My Computer and select the drive the CDI image was mounted to and open it.

Once its opened drop and drag the files to CD folder in the Make_ISO folder.

Make sure that your 1ST_READ.bin is unscrambled using IP Checker. When its unscramble make sure the 1ST_READ.bin name is the same if its not rename it to 1ST_READ.bin.

After this is completed use the Create_homebrew_ISO.bat

You have now got a ISO image made from a CDI file also some CDI files may not mount correctly which means you’ll have to find some other way to open the CDI image.

Hope this was well understandable for you