PDA

View Full Version : Brian Gardiner's homemade portable PS2: the palmPS2

wraggster
September 12th, 2006, 00:21
Not one to let the prolific Ben Heckendorn get all the attention, fellow modder Brian Gardiner (http://www.palmps2.com/palmps2/index.html) has fired a shot across the bow with his latest creation, the palmPS2. While it's a generation behind Heck's most recent mod, it certainly looks to hold its own in the usability department, with the fit-and-finish to match. Gardiner even went as far to include as many original PS2 parts as he could manage, and kept the size down by opting for an external battery pack. The only downside, apart from being far beyond the skills of most of us, is that the screen apparently suffers from a bit of a green tint due to the PS2's RGB output.

Screenshot Via Comments

Napalm-Death
September 12th, 2006, 00:38
Wow...I'd love to have one of those. Portable GGXX SLASH and Melty Blood: Act Cadenza on the go!

JKKDARK
September 12th, 2006, 01:26
wow, it looks amazing. I wish to have one :)

mcvader
September 12th, 2006, 05:41
looks nice, but PSP looks much nicer.

Shadowblind
September 12th, 2006, 05:44
Also looks reallllly fake...

razorak
September 12th, 2006, 05:55
looks attractive...design looks like a PSP mixed with a GBA

BL4Z3D247
September 12th, 2006, 06:34
wow it doesn't look fake when u look at the site, that guy has some talent...needs a psp screen though

Video_freak
September 12th, 2006, 06:41
wow, it looks amazing. I wish to have one :)
I don't want to carry five pounds of crap with me all day long! It must only have a 30 minute battery life too! :rolleyes:

razorak
September 12th, 2006, 06:59
come to think about battery...it'd be nice if the PSP can run off solar power...lol