PDA

View Full Version : Moving save data to new xbox

advxc153
April 12th, 2011, 02:34
Hi, soon I'm going to purchase a new 250gb 360 upgrading from an old 20gb premium model because its had RROD and problems and is pretty much broken, I know I will have to make a new gamertag and everything but is there anyway I can transfer my save data from my old hard drive to the new hard drive, I dont have any demos or anything saved on the hard drive, just save data, do I really have to splash out £10 on a transfer cable just to transfer some save data? is there anyway I can use a usb drive I have, Idont know how much space is on it though. also, will there be any problems using an old hard drive from a broken xbox and connecting it to a new one?

Thanks in advance

pspmodel1001
April 12th, 2011, 03:41
First, u dont need to get a new gamertag, unless it got deleted. U can try to recover yer gamertag. I would recommend on using a 4GB flash drive to store yer game saves on to. If u have any Xbox Original games saves, u probably cant move them, I cant anyway. If there is nothing wrong with the old hard drive from a broken xbox, u can still use it. I have a 60 GB hard drive for the 360 and a 16GB flash drive to store 2 games Im currently playing. It loads faster when its on the flash drive compared to if it was on the hard drive.

EDIT: fergot to say. U cant use the old 360 hard drives in the new 360 slims. U need to get a transfer cable to move files to the new 360.