PDA

View Full Version : Couple of requests...

A$h X
September 12th, 2006, 19:32
Could someone please tell me if the follwoing roms are 100% working on Neo4all_AES, and if they have any prefetchs avalible:

(I've put the name of the game, followed by the name of the rom)

The king of fighters ex 2004 - kof2k3ex
The king of fighters 2003 ultra plus - kof2k3up
The king of fighters 10th anniversity edition extra plus - kf10thepd
svc plus boss (bootleg) - svcplus
Samurai Shodown V Special (fully decrypted, "fatalities" enabled) - s5spnd
Pochi & Nyaa V2.00 - pochi
Tokon Matrimlee - pim
metal slug 5 - mslug5
sengoku 3 - sengoku3
metal slug 2 - mslug2
metal slug X - mslugx
samurai shodown 2 - samsho2
rage of the dragons - RAGE_O~1

If the rom isn't 100% working, could you please tell me what glitches there are (sound, buggy graphics etc). Your help is gratefully appreciated, thank you.

Shoometsu
September 12th, 2006, 21:23
as far as i tested ("ok, after decryption" means that the game boots itself, minor problems are listed after that):

kof2k3ex - not tested yet
kof2k3up - not tested yet
kf10thepd - not tested yet
svcplus - ok after decryption
samsh5sp - ok after decryption, missing lifebars only
pnyaa - ok after decryption
matrim - ok after decryption, no BGM, uses S1 from beoRAGEx 5.0 aff2a3be since the original s1 shows a lot of gfx problems, even after decryption
mslug5 - only MVS set, after decryption
sengoku3 - ok, after decryption
mslug2 - ok
mslugx - ok
samsho2 - ok
rotd - ok after decryption, no BGM

A$h X
September 12th, 2006, 22:28
Thx Shoometsu for the prompt response. :)

Could you please test kf10thepd as I would really like to play it on DC. Don't worry about the others, there not as good ;)

Regarding mslug5, how do i know if i've got the MVS set?

Finally do I need prefetches for any of those roms listed, or will they run ok as they are? Thx 4 all the info, bro.

Christuserloeser
September 13th, 2006, 23:39
as far as i tested ("ok, after decryption" means that the game boots itself, minor problems are listed after that):

kof2k3ex - not tested yet
kof2k3up - not tested yet
kf10thepd - not tested yet
svcplus - ok after decryption
samsh5sp - ok after decryption, missing lifebars only
pnyaa - ok after decryption
matrim - ok after decryption, no BGM, uses S1 from beoRAGEx 5.0 aff2a3be since the original s1 shows a lot of gfx problems, even after decryption
mslug5 - only MVS set, after decryption
sengoku3 - ok, after decryption
mslug2 - ok
mslugx - ok
samsho2 - ok
rotd - ok after decryption, no BGM

Wow! It seems you've altered your ROMRC a lot - May I ask you to share your ROMRC with us ?

Also, what tool are you using for en/decryption ?

Finally do I need prefetches for any of those roms listed, or will they run ok as they are? Thx 4 all the info, bro.[/FONT]

Well, I assume they'll work, but far from perfect since the loading is pretty heavy with these huge games.

Exceptions are Samurai Shodown II, Metal Slug X and Metal Slug 2. These work okay and for both Metal Slugs prefetches are available, but in case of MS2 + SS2 I have to recommend the CD versions with NEO4All/CD.

In general, it's better to stick with NEO4All/CD and use AES4All only for games that are below 25 Mbyte in size (unzipped) or those for which prefetches are available (like Shock Troopers which runs 100% perfectly).

Shoometsu
September 14th, 2006, 04:07
Wow! It seems you've altered your ROMRC a lot - May I ask you to share your ROMRC with us ?

Also, what tool are you using for en/decryption ?

Well, I assume they'll work, but far from perfect since the loading is pretty heavy with these huge games.

Exceptions are Samurai Shodown II, Metal Slug X and Metal Slug 2. These work okay and for both Metal Slugs prefetches are available, but in case of MS2 + SS2 I have to recommend the CD versions with NEO4All/CD.

In general, it's better to stick with NEO4All/CD and use AES4All only for games that are below 25 Mbyte in size (unzipped) or those for which prefetches are available (like Shock Troopers which runs 100% perfectly).

1 - romrc attached. it's not a final version yet, since I need to test some romsets.

2 - the easiest way to you is to any fba with an option to save decrypted roms directly from memory (suggesting you FB evo from www.snk-neofighters.com)+ some neo geo hacking experience (for P roms data)

3 - samsho3 aes freezes on the first round, I dunno what is happening yet. all the metal slugs are working fine here (some only after a properly decryption).

the biggest problem with the romrc file is the way that it allocates the C roms data, besides it works with gngeo (i dunno, because i don't use any *nix system here YET XD), it don't work properly with aes4all, so i need to change it, and do a "plain" allocation, it'll solve the most problems with gfx glitches in aes4all. if you still having problems, i recommend you to use the neogeo.dat & neogeoextra.dat from nebula, and allocate the roms on the same way as it ;)

final note: the problems found are listed on each game in the romrc file (most of them, at least).

Christuserloeser
September 16th, 2006, 19:58
Thanks a lot for sharing the file + info :) Keep up your tests with AES4All!

Shoometsu
September 18th, 2006, 01:14
no problems, I'll post the final romrc when it's done.