PDA

View Full Version : what am i doing wrong?

magicmaster50060
April 15th, 2011, 07:09
hey guys i just found my old psp a week ago and have been repairing it, when i decided to get back into the homebrew scene. i checked my firmware and it's: 5.00 M33-6. shocked i went on line and rembemered that i can play ps1 games on it :D

so for the past few days i have been reading guies on popstation and downloading a bunch trying to figure it out i have red squirrels, auto pop 4, and impaler PSX. i tried simple but all i could figure out was how to make single disks games on it.

now i tried to follow the guides. i used magic iso to rip the games and tested a few of the pop stations the single disks games i have done worked fine Crash bash, and spyro, and twisted metal but when i attempted to do a multi disk game like FF7 it didn't work, well the EBOOT was created and the icon1 and pic1 displayed correctly but when i went into the game on my PSP it booted up and then blackness didn't load at all. i could still hit the home button and mess around with the settings like screen size and brightness but the game still didn't load.

i then tried a single disk of FF7 disk 1 into a different popstaion and i tried a different compression level but same affect. i then tried Legend of the dragoon. same story, tried just the first disk still won't load. i have also tried switching ISO makers from magic to the one in autopopstaion4 but same results now is this the disk? or the programs i am using or perhaps my cd drive is going out? i need some help please and i am tired of looking up guides in google that don't really help me much....

Qmark
April 15th, 2011, 17:54
Ripping discs to cue/bin usually works out better.
Plus also this: http://www.gamerspress.com/index.php?title=PSX_on_PSP_Compatibility_List

Alternately, just pay Sony the ten bucks for a known working version.