PDA

View Full Version : Short Filenames??!

cawley1
September 12th, 2006, 23:27
Guys,

Totally Wierd, the memory stick on my PSP has started to shorten filenames for no reason, and it never used to do this!

An example - I move PsPectrum onto my 1.5 PSP - I drag both folders into game, so I have PsPectrum and PsPectrum%. I then quit USB mode, if I go straight back in (even without doing anything else!), PsPectrum is still there, but PsPectrum% has changed to PSPECT~2! The MS is formatted on the PSP and is showing as FAT.

Why the hell is it doing this???! I am running XP with NTFS, but doubt that has anything to do with it.
Nothing has changed, I cannot figure it out!

Please Help!

Video_freak
September 13th, 2006, 01:34
Are you sure the memory stick isn't fake? :confused:

PlagueMusic
September 13th, 2006, 01:44
your running something thats using a "hiding" method of the corrupt icons in the game menu in your xmb.

cawley1
September 13th, 2006, 08:50
I have two PSP (a 1.5 and a 2.8), two real Sandisk 2GB MS and a real Sony 512MB MS, I get the same problem on all of these, when plugging in my 2.8 it has shortened the savegame filenames, and there is no 'corrupt icon' hider stuff on that MS...

blackrave
September 13th, 2006, 14:27
Some of my files are like that too, but they are straight from the RAR archive, so it's got nothing to do with your PC, PSP or MS.
It's supposed to be that way. I think Windows is just shortening down the name. Not sure, though.