PDA

View Full Version : Ridge Racers 2

wraggster
September 13th, 2006, 06:46
Play Asia had this release yesterday but they dont ship worlwide but luckily Lik Sang do.

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-ridge-racers2-jap.jpg

Heres a taste of whats in game:

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//large/psp-ridge-racers2-jap2.jpg

More info / buy Here _-> http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=9336&lsaid=219793

donne
September 13th, 2006, 07:42
Two/three years ago I'd never dream such sweet graphics can be presented on a hand-held console screen..

aadhu
September 13th, 2006, 08:04
that level looks the same as the one in ridge racer 1... :P

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 13th, 2006, 08:26
Played it last night TBH I personally dont think there is a great leap over RR but its early days yet we will see when i progress futher into it.Plays much like Rr includes all the tracks from Ridge Revs :) they look great on the p$ps screen man the memorys.

mr_nick666
September 13th, 2006, 09:50
Two/three years ago I'd never dream such sweet graphics can be presented on a hand-held console screen..

I think that every time I spark my PSP up! :rolleyes: I still love the original RR so this will be worth a look... :)

bah
September 13th, 2006, 10:46
Driving games seem to look good on the psp, its screen's poor response time doesnt effect them like it does with gta etc because your own car doesnt move too much and everything else is allowed to be blurry, they dont have to add any motion blur in software.

Probably why theres so darn many of them on the psp.

geise69
September 13th, 2006, 12:27
Ok my copy arrived yesterday and I've messed around with it some. The graphics on all the tracks seem better. Even the tracks that are the same as the first psp RR. All the audio tracks are the same as the first but there's a 3rd section for "classics". Also there's a few more tracks and quite a few more cars added. Here's the deal though...it's really not that different than the first RR. It's the same game with added bonuses. If you are buying this expecting it to be a full sequel it's really not. The new content that's here seems to be enough to warrant a purchas if you're a fan, but if you're expecting it to be quite different you'll be disappointed. It's not like going from Rage Racer to R4 and having it be totally different. If you're a fan of the first psp RR or love every Ridge Racer game I would buy it. Even if you want a new racing game and haven't really played RR on the psp then I'd pick this up for some driving fun.

psychadelicious
September 13th, 2006, 17:54
Is there a custom decal maker in this game?

SteveV2
September 13th, 2006, 18:01
that level looks the same as the one in ridge racer 1... :P

Sure I read it has all the RR tracks from the old games plus a bunch of new ones. That track in the pic is on the psp RR1.

Apoklepz
September 13th, 2006, 18:19
OK, here's a couple of questions, since I'm considering buying this...

Like psychadelicious already asked...
-Custom Decal Maker in it?
-All previous cars in there?
-Option to shut up the announcer?(not a big deal though)
-Online Vs. racing support?

Thanks.

JKKDARK
September 13th, 2006, 18:33
At least, this is a great game :)

geise69
September 14th, 2006, 01:33
OK, here's a couple of questions, since I'm considering buying this...

Like psychadelicious already asked...
-Custom Decal Maker in it?
-All previous cars in there?
-Option to shut up the announcer?(not a big deal though)
-Online Vs. racing support?

Thanks.

-No
-Most, haven't finished the whole game yet
-Yes in the options you can turn the volume all the way down to off.
-Wireless battle like the first one. Has to be ad hoc. If you want to try Xlink kai I'm sure there's some games on their, but that's the only way to do it "online"

Basil Zero
September 14th, 2006, 13:17
really, than i might as well not buy the original Ridge Racer if the sequel has the same tracks lol