PDA

View Full Version : Is SNES Emulation any good on DS?

Roosterkite
September 13th, 2006, 16:29
I want to do SNES Emulation on my DS, for one main reason: Seiken Densetsu 3. My question is this: I know there are SNES emulators, but I don't know how good they are. Can anything run this game? Also, are the SNES emulators dropping frames or losing sound or running slowly (or all of the above)?

I have a friend with an SNES emulator for PSP, but it either drops frames or runs slowly on Seiken Densetsu 3; it won't run it normally in full speed. Because of that, I really can't imagine that the DS can actually do any full speed SNES emulation, let alone a later game like SD3. Does anyone have any experience with these emulators? Is it worth my time and money? Please be specific about the quality if possible.

PS-I looked to see if anyone posted this, but the last one was like a month old and didn't go into any detail whatsoever. I'm looking for actual details on the quality.

ACID
September 13th, 2006, 17:51
slow and no sound plus games have to be less then 1.5mb and thats unzziped

Roosterkite
September 13th, 2006, 17:58
Wow, that sucks. Does anyone think it will ever get better than that? I've heard they have sound now, but is it like you have to shut it off for most games?

ACID
September 13th, 2006, 18:31
no no emu have sound that i know of but you can get the supercard lite some games do have sound and the emu is integrated with the card

kcajblue
September 14th, 2006, 00:27
i wish the M3 had built in support for SNES

Junixx
September 14th, 2006, 03:38
i wish the M3 had built in support for SNES

Oh no here comes Acid and THH with their M3/SC is better argument :p

ACID
September 14th, 2006, 03:54
Oh no here comes Acid and THH with their M3/SC is better argument :p
Not an argument but a fact i have all 3 of the cards and talk from experience:eek: :) :D :rolleyes:

Video_freak
September 14th, 2006, 06:26
I thought SNES on DS was good....