PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS causing sore eyes?

chemical
September 13th, 2006, 21:55
Hey,

Well I sadly have to say that I've had to take a break from my DS because its making my eyes bloodshot and dry, I haven't played for an excessive amount of time, or held it too close, and had it on a very low light setting.

I've been playing New Super Mario Bros. I don't know if its just this game, or something else and this just sparked it, but i'm quite worried because i've had to actually not play it today or yesterday because of the discomfort it was giving me.

Does anyone know why this is?, if its the effect of the side scroller or something?, if its because of tiredness (although if it is, that doesnt help, i generally play DS when im knackered and lazing around)

Has it happened to you?

Thanks for the help :(

dkjr83
September 13th, 2006, 22:18
It's strange that they would become bloodshot and dry. Usually any sort of eye fatigue associated with gaming is just that; fatigue.

To me, the symptoms suggest a lack of moisture getting to the eyes, which means you aren't blinking enough; something that could be attributed to playing something like a sidescroller or other game that requires you to lengthen the interval between blinks.

It's probably nothing to worry about.

Junixx
September 13th, 2006, 22:27
Yes to me it sounds more like a bodily problem (or well not a problem really) but I've played my DS for like at least 2 hours straight (car trips) at a pretty close range to my face, and had no problems

Gizmo356
September 13th, 2006, 22:43
that happened with my psp

andysjones
September 13th, 2006, 23:31
You should be looking more at your diet.

metroplex2k7
September 13th, 2006, 23:52
DS causing sore eyes? There's a Visine for that! HAHAHAHA!!!

pibs
September 14th, 2006, 00:08
ha visine foreal but it does happen with any bright electronic, just lower the brightness and you should be good for a lil more hours, happens all the time with my psp

Video_freak
September 14th, 2006, 00:17
When I play to long that happens (usually on portables). Mario Kart Double Dash does that too...

kcajblue
September 14th, 2006, 01:23
playing for a really long time does that to my eyes

firstknight
September 14th, 2006, 03:25
you should try to take a break in between... its good for your eyes... something like look somewhere far for awhile and then try changin distances....

ACID
September 14th, 2006, 03:34
It all depends on the light changes of a game.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 14th, 2006, 03:46
I've played Guild Wars Factions 5 hours straight. Nuttin happened to mes.

Shadowblind
September 14th, 2006, 04:16
I play Animal Crossing for 6 hours on a trip--nothin happend to me either

ACID
September 14th, 2006, 04:55
I played yu-gi-oh for like 4 houers nothing happend