PDA

View Full Version : No new PSP bundles for UK

wraggster
September 13th, 2006, 22:33
Sony has announced a brand new PSP bundle set to launch this Christmas but only US gamers will benefit from the PSP Entertainment Pack, Sony has confirmed.

The new pack features a copy of ATV Offroad Fury: Blazin' Trails, the Lords of Dogtown movie on UMD and a whopping 1GB memory stick - all for $250 (roughly £133). However, a Sony spokesman has informed us that the pack will not be released in the UK.

With the contents worth around $50 more than the $250 asking price, it's clear that the pack is worth the cash - so why aren't we getting it? Our contact couldn't shed any light on the reasons behind the decision, and informed us that Sony doesn't have any immediate plans for similarly good-value UK bundle packs.

You would think that with PS3 delayed until March, Sony would want to keep the PlayStation flag flying this Christmas, and a well-priced PSP bundle might even have challenged Microsoft to consider dropping the price of Xbox 360. Well, maybe. As it is, chalk up another reason why this will be a Great British Christmas that Sony will want to forget as soon as possible.

Via Gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/psp/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=2006091310522593090&releaseId=20060313144256984085)

fistikuffs
September 14th, 2006, 01:01
Man i am getting really pissed at sony these days. They are completley neglecting europe:mad: :mad: :mad:

Veskgar
September 14th, 2006, 03:04
OUCH! I feel bad for EUROPE! Well, this gives people the chance to look for or import homebrew-ready or downgradable PSP's.

DrSarcasmo
September 14th, 2006, 07:02
Sony!

You Forgot Poland!!!!

Sorry, couldn't stop myself...

DrSarcasmo

dejkirkby
September 14th, 2006, 10:02
It's Official! Sony doesn't give a f**k about Europe. Fact.

mr_nick666
September 14th, 2006, 11:10
It's Official! Sony doesn't give a f**k about Europe. Fact.

$ony, it has to be said, are fu(k!n@ retarded :mad: They have no idea how to treat the customers and, conseqentially, screw themselves :( Because of all the PS3 hassle Im going to get a Wii instead (I wont be alone) and this latest PSP farce is going to lose sales to the DS :eek: Why $ony? WHY?? :confused:

Baboon
September 14th, 2006, 11:30
Yet again UK gamers lose out to the rest of the world. :(

WTF are Sony playing at?

fistikuffs
September 14th, 2006, 12:48
Yet again UK gamers lose out to the rest of the world. :(

WTF are Sony playing at?

Ireland too. At one point ireland had more PS2s per head of population than anywhere except Japan. Considering their size the uk and ireland make a lot of sales for sony and yet they fook us over time and time again!:mad: