PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War team denies working with Kinect

wraggster
June 10th, 2011, 00:22
Lead game designer on the Gears of War team, Lee Perry, has denied rumours that the studio is working on a Kinect-powered spin-off to the series, but maintains that it could be an option in future.

Speaking to Eurogamer at E3 yesterday, Perry said that whilst the Gears team was considering its options, rumours of work having already started on a motion-controlled project were untrue.

"There's definitely interest in terms of looking at [motion controls] in terms of what is a fit for us," said Perry.

"Personally I don't think I've seen any one thing that's been like 'that's what we need to make an amazing Gears IP'. I think there's a lot of potential in a lot of different systems. There's a lot of stuff to explore but we haven't nailed anything down.

"I don't think as a studio we'd ever force anything out there that we didn't feel actually did the world true, but that's not to say that any of the things out there might not make for a great project, it's just not what we're doing right now."

Customers hoping for the promised wave of Kinect controlled games have been able to take some solace from E3 so far, however, with Ubisoft demonstrating extensive Kinect controls for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and 505 Games announcing its Kinect shooter tie in with mercenary team Blackwater. Microsoft also demonstrated its commitment to Kinect support in core titles with a lengthy demonstration of Mass Effect 3's use of the system.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2011-06-09-gears-of-war-team-denies-working-with-kinect