PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE 0.55 Re - Released Now 0.55a

FOL
September 13th, 2006, 23:30
I have to say sorry, for my moment of complete stupidity. I accidently compiled the old version. I have now corrected this mistake and the MrModem update is now uploaded as 0.55a.

:rolleyes: lesson learnt, i will keep old and new source in different places.

Heres what was new for 0.55

V0.55 - MrModem Update
- Added some more Joystick mapping options. You can now use any button to control Amiga joystick 0.
- Changed all sceCtrlReadBufferPositive to sceCtrlPeekBufferPositive. This should speed things up a little, because sceCtrlReadBufferPositive always waits for vsync.
- Fixed a "bug" that caused the PSP to crash if you tried to exit using the home button.
- Added Bilinear filtering when zoom is turned on.
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

wraggster
September 13th, 2006, 23:32
We all make fook ups :)

Please use this link forum having problems at this time:

attached below

Hungry Horace
September 14th, 2006, 00:29
hmmm.. yes.

i wonder how that got spotted? hehe. don't worry FOL, i got your back for you! ;)

tedou
September 14th, 2006, 01:09
thanks you

jurkevicz
September 14th, 2006, 02:24
SimCity2000 still doesn't load.:(

JKKDARK
September 14th, 2006, 02:35
yeah great release :)

ACID
September 14th, 2006, 02:36
Great release lucky i dint try the otherone right away.

Veskgar
September 14th, 2006, 03:01
SWEET! This is really coming along. Much thanks goes out to the developers who are undertaking this challenge.

mr_nick666
September 14th, 2006, 08:50
SWEET! This is really coming along. Much thanks goes out to the developers who are undertaking this challenge.

Agreed! :) Always good to thank the people that give us all these goodies! ;)

Has anyone compiled a list of games that are running near perfect on this (Im looking at you Horace! ;) ).. If Im honsest Im too busy (lazy :o ) to try loads! :rolleyes:

Great work on this again :D

Hungry Horace
September 14th, 2006, 12:07
SimCity2000 still doesn't load.:(

well that's pretty obvious. if you checked, you'd realise Sim City 2000 is an AGA game : http://hol.abime.net/1929 - and it has been stated many times that AGA is NOT supported by pspuae.

@ Mr Nick. no such list i'm afraid, because i'm more of a "try lots, change settings till bareable" tester with this one.

i've made lots of games run a lot quicker with regards to loading (PM me if interested ;) ) and off the top of my head, i can tell you that Supremacy, Xenon II and Alien Breed are my favourites amongst them that can be run well with sound still on. (Supremacy with frameskip at only 1!!) - but i'm afraid results are generally to varied to be that memorable!

mr_nick666
September 14th, 2006, 12:12
i've made lots of games run a lot quicker with regards to loading (PM me if interested ;) ) and off the top of my head, i can tell you that Supremacy, Xenon II and Alien Breed are my favourites amongst them that can be run well with sound still on. (Supremacy with frameskip at only 1!!) - but i'm afraid results are generally to varied to be that memorable!

Ive very fond memories of Alien Breed (one of the original 'make you jump' games! :rolleyes: ) and Xenon II is a classic (the soundtrack for this was awesome) :) - I'll try them then :D PMing you for running advice... :p

FOL
September 14th, 2006, 23:51
Ive very fond memories of Alien Breed (one of the original 'make you jump' games! :rolleyes: ) and Xenon II is a classic (the soundtrack for this was awesome) :) - I'll try them then :D PMing you for running advice... :p

Ive also done a ram installer for DUNE and DUNEII, dune runs pretty good and duneii, well what can i say, apart from very smooth with sound

Hungry Horace
September 15th, 2006, 10:28

your PM inbox is full... so i posted stuff on the pSpeccy forum for you!

Baboon
September 15th, 2006, 10:34

Didnt Bomb the Base do the sound track to Xenon II? ...Quality! :D

Hungry Horace
September 15th, 2006, 10:44
Didnt Bomb the Base do the sound track to Xenon II? ...Quality! :D

yep... the tune was even called "MegaBlast" !

i have it on 7 and 12 inch vinyl ! :p

the legendary David Whittaker transposed it to the amiga though.

Baboon
September 15th, 2006, 10:52
I would imagine that the vinyl (if its in good condition) is worth a few quid now! :)

ah, ah, ah yeaaaaaaaaaaaah!

mr_nick666
September 15th, 2006, 11:36
your PM inbox is full... so i posted stuff on the pSpeccy forum for you!

Thanks mate (PM box is now emptied!) :D I managed to get a version of Xenon II running - Im very impressed ;) (I had The Megablast track on my SAM coupe.. :rolleyes: )

By the way.. The download link doesnt work! :( I had to go to http://www.pspuae.com/ for it! :o

robocelot
September 15th, 2006, 15:28
I'm finding .55a to be smoother with sound on a number of games versus .54 (I didn't get a chance to download .55)

Eg. Paradroid '90 is now full speed and flawless sound.

The new filter is nice but still no go for the Floor 13 text becuase I think the filter is applied to the display after it has been scaled to a lower res for the PSP display, so what you end up with is an enhancement of less picture information.

I could be wrong on that, but the black on white fine text ends up looking like squiggly lines because once you lose a pixel-wide line in scaling down it's gone for good. So the thicker lines show up but the thin ones are lost.

I'll fiddle with it some more tonight.

The other thing I've been meaning to try out is how the PSP screen and the filter handle HAM (Hold and Modify) screen modes since those will have a lot of pixel wide fine lines.

There's very few games that used HAM mode (it's essentially a super hi-res still frame), and only one that I can think of off the top of my head that actually used it in action -- Heart of the Dragon, a really piss-poor game (my mini-review is a bit biased since I paid $50 for that turd :-).

Another HAM mode game is Unreal (not the FPS) in the 'we cloned Shadow of the Beast' side scrolling part (the other part of the game is a lower res dragon flight sim on rails -- pratically a prototype Panzer Dragoon.

Vega
October 15th, 2006, 01:30
Im addicted to Amiga games on my Dreamcast... this will make a nice addition to my PSP Homebrew selection.
Thanks for this.

green-machine
November 19th, 2006, 23:25
BIG thanks to you guys for making progress with this emu. I had to do a double take when I first realised there was an Amiga emulator for my humble PSP.

I was a serious amiga gamer and made my first tune using Fast Tracker. Lotus Challange, Turrican, Wings and Gods were also a few of my favorites - but this favorite list could be a helluv alot longer.

Keep up the Great work. MegaBlasting Spot On!