PDA

View Full Version : any coders interested?

souLLy
August 11th, 2004, 09:49
Hello gents,

are any of you guys interested in working on a project with myself for the DC. I've got a few ideas for some games and seeing as i can only code in Lingo (shockwave) i was wondering if any coders would want to work with me on translating the existing game I've made or some other ideas I have into a game for the PC or the DC. I'm a decent artist and I'd be wanting to take the project through to the end. Here's my most recent game:

http://www.ben-hosier.com/whereben/

I've also done some isometric graphics that I would love to see onscreen in a game. I've done graphics for a few people on the Pixelation.cjb.net forums but none of these ever materialised past beta stages... i'm sure you're all involved in your own projects, but if you can- I also know someone who can make some excellent sound for it.

souLLy.

Vorrtexx
August 11th, 2004, 15:17
404 error File Not Found on the link ?

souLLy
August 11th, 2004, 15:48
oops

http://www.ben-hosier.com/wheresben/

that'll work.

Vorrtexx
August 11th, 2004, 18:03
I love you pixel work souLLy.
It's a great talent!

souLLy
August 11th, 2004, 18:32
thanks :) i'm just after seeing something i did on a tv, and with a control pad... ;)

Kamjin
August 11th, 2004, 21:20
Well... did this with what I swiped off your website.
http://www.dchomebrew.org/kamjin/files/ben.zip

Unscrambled, and DPAD, start exits, and no collision.
Quickly hacked it into something I started and never finished.

I've got little bits of free time here and there, mostly breaks between reading.. at night.. ugh.. I haven't got the faintest idea what macromedia code even looks like, but if you still have your game outlines, and all the artwork.. then I could pick it up and give it a try.. can't
promise anything, with work and all, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

souLLy
August 12th, 2004, 06:41
lingo coding is actually almost like psuedocode i guess because it's really easy to read and interpret, if you had macromedia director i would send you the sourcecode.

anyways i can get all the seperate images together, and i can tell you all of the different interactive parts of the game etc.

thanks for this, i think this could be a very cool little project when finished.

i had trouble burning that bin oddly... i scrambled it, added an ip.bin then selfbooted it but it hung on a white screen after the bios ???

Kamjin
August 12th, 2004, 23:39
Ugh..15 hours at work....

Doesn't load.. it's the Romdisk.. You should burn a copy of DCHAKKER, it's perfect for these quick little things, use it with a multisession cd, that way you can keep adding stuff to it.

THe graphics/music are the most important, plus the the game logic.. even if it's on paper.. I'll ask a few friends if I can borrow macro. director.. odds are someone has it, and would be willing to part from it for a little while.

souLLy
August 13th, 2004, 02:02
no problemo, good idea.

I'll make a start on the graphics today, the music i have already too. any graphic format you prefer? gif, png, bmp? I'll also email you the sourcecode asap as well, that has all of the graphics and sound embedded, but it's not that easy removing art and sound from them so i'll send those seperately.

If you don't understand the code or logic of the game i'll try to explain how anything you ask works. Macromedia Director is all event based, ie: on collision do this, on time > 10 do this... in most things there's probably easier ways to do what i've done but i tried to use as simple code as possible to make it easy to bugtest.

thanks kajin :D

souLLy
August 13th, 2004, 02:03
i may take out that [e m o] word filter... its catching too many words ::)

Kamjin
August 14th, 2004, 13:24
Graphics can be in any format that photoshop/neopaint can handle.. probably what they're in now.
I've sent out some emails for the macromedia still waiting for a reply. Let me know when you've put it together, and zipped it up.

souLLy
August 14th, 2004, 16:34
I've PMd you about the source. :)