PDA

View Full Version : Molyneux admits Fable 3 wasn't 'all he dreamed it would be'

wraggster
June 27th, 2011, 21:07
Young people may choose to rely on new-fangled methods like websites and E3 press conferences for the announcement of new Fable games, but we're far too rooted in tradition for that. No, we learn about the existence of a new Fable game by hearing Peter Molyneux admit there were problems with the last Fable game, the way our grandfathers did it.

In an interview with Gamasutra, Molyneux admitted the game wasn't "all he dreamed it would be" saying "It's hard to be completely honest without offending people; but I know, when I read in the middle of a review [of Fable 3] that said the quality just wasn't good enough, I actually agree with those reviews."

Now, that's the headline of course, and the reason you're reading this post in the first place, but you owe it to yourself to read Molyneux's explanation. He manages to get across why Fable 3 didn't meet its full potential (not enough time, primarily) without excusing the game's failings.

Oh Peter, you always know the perfect thing to say to win us over. ... Unless you're saying "Hey, our game is done, let's sell it to people." Other than that, though, perfect.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/27/molyneux-admits-fable-3-wasnt-all-he-dreamed-it-would-be/