PDA

View Full Version : More famous suits planned for Super Mario 3DS

wraggster
July 4th, 2011, 21:17
Super Mario director Yoshiaki Koizumi has said Mario will have access to a number of famous suits in this year's 3DS outing.

While only the Tanooki suit was revealed at E3, Koizumi told ONM: "I can't reveal the actual number of power-ups in the game right now, but suffice to say that we do try to include enough so that people can enjoy a variety of different kinds of play experiences in the title.

"Also, I should point out that we don't necessarily decide on what number of famous Mario suits will appear in the game and proceed from there - we try to find interesting gameplay ideas and then try to settle on what to do in different places."

He added: "But I can say that we will definitely have some more familiar suits than just the Tanooki suit."

Mario's Tanooki suit - a raccoon-like outfit with a tail that, in SMB3, allowed Mario to fly or spin to flick enemies and blocks with his tail - does all the same stuff in the 3DS game with the rather disappointing exception of flight. Instead, Mario can hover momentarily, extending his jumping distance and making it easier to land on small platforms.

See what we thought of the game following a recent E3 hands-on session in our Super Mario 3DS preview.

Which other suits would you like to see in Super Mario 3DS?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/310226/news/more-famous-suits-planned-for-super-mario-3ds/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS