PDA

View Full Version : I need basic knowledge on.....

rbervoets
September 14th, 2006, 20:22
HOw to code a menu for example...

say i wanted a menu to run all my homebre like i wanted dgens and snes to be in the same menu ?

Can anyone help

For anyone who doesnt have a clue what im talking about i will make a picture just give me a sec

blackrave
September 14th, 2006, 20:26
I don't think this is possible (it could be, though).

The closest thing would be to have IRShell v2.2 installed and make subdirectories (one folder for emulators, one for action games, etc.) in the app browser. Haven't tried this myself, but I know it's possible in v2.2.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

rbervoets
September 14th, 2006, 20:34
Like this :::

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4766/2tb8.th.png (http://img291.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2tb8.png)

bullhead
September 14th, 2006, 20:38
I dont see how it would be any different than loading the emulators through the XMB. Could you explain further?

You could use custom firmware to boot up IR Shell on holding the X-Button, and have IR Shell only contain the two emus.....But I still dont see what you are trying to achieve....

Could you maybe explian a bit more concisely?

rbervoets
September 14th, 2006, 20:39
ummmmm....

The reason i want some knowledge is so that i make a homebrew app for the comunity... because i download alot from this site, i dont see why i cant give something i return.

Tinnus
September 14th, 2006, 22:16
Learn to program. :)

PlagueMusic
September 14th, 2006, 22:37
yea i'm gonna learn c++ to make zx-81's progs more pretty and other open source psp / dos games for the psp. if only i learn how to install the friggin prog's to make programs.

Tinnus
September 14th, 2006, 23:03
Look for a general (not PSP) programming tutorial and it should provide you with links to compilers, IDE's, etc.

Do NOT start your programming life with the PSP, start programming for a PC first.

rbervoets
September 15th, 2006, 09:10
Ok thanks 4 the advise