PDA

View Full Version : Counter Strike Idea

mavsman4457
September 14th, 2006, 23:36
This is what a first time poster tried to post but it wouldn't work for some reason so he sent it to me. I neither endorse nor deny his post because frankly, I don't know much about counter strike, nor do I care about it. He had some pictures in there but I didn't want to bother putting them in. Here's the idea though:

Plz dont flame me in anyway what im about to say is crazy and most of u will say no way man it cant happen but its a cool idea while others will say im noob and also add a coment LLAMO. My favoirte game of all time is Counter Strike 1.6 and yes i know their is wad for it. I was just wondering if someone crazy as me and talented coder could make a 3d or close to 3d cs 1.6 game. I have look at the possibilities and really dont know what im talking about but i think if we could find someone it can be done. Reason being is this.

PSP- 333mhz 32 ram and near to ps2 graphics most of u would say. CS 1.6 can run at min System: 133mhz RAM:24 MB RAM. to me u can donwgrade the graphics for the cs if its possible but i saw 3d enigine do this for the psp. Controls u might say. Well as we know fps dont go hand in hand with the psp but i think this might be easier.

My controls

Triangle - to walk forward
X- to walk backwards
O- walk to ur left
[]- walk to ur right

dpad- to aim/ look around
zoom in- hold L then up on arrow pad
zoom out- hold L then hit down arrow pad
quick reload-R
switch weapon- left on arrow pad then up and down to choose weapon
buy- down on arrowpad then keys pop up like x= cv-47 []=m4a1
chat hold l+r then a keyboard like the on form links webbrowser appears

Alright thats all i can think of so if think its bogus be rude and flame if like the idea thats great cause i hope it can work.
I just want to know if it could be done and if their is a dev out their to give it a try so say what u want call me noob post llamo im just hoping someone will see this and believe too.
yea its my first post to.

PlagueMusic
September 15th, 2006, 02:04
2 words, **** CS!

most overrated game ever.

thenery
September 15th, 2006, 02:35
no halo is

mavsman4457
September 15th, 2006, 02:40
I neve got into Halo because I suck at it. Also the fact that I don't have xbox.

gamerremag
September 17th, 2006, 00:30
cs on psp is a great idea.... it would be cool with the online and....never mind.

i believe its possible, you would just have to downsize it for the psp. my psp games are just ps2 games with another 5 min. of gameplay. Yeah, everything would have to be tweaked, but i believe its possible.

JKKDARK
September 17th, 2006, 00:37
there is a source?

mavsman4457
September 17th, 2006, 00:40
I doubt that there is a source so it would have to be rewritten and named something else.

gamerremag
September 17th, 2006, 00:46
i have the pefect name....

Strike Counter!

the_eternal_dark
September 17th, 2006, 00:58
I'd say mod quake, its the closest to the halflife engine.

hankvonhelvete
September 17th, 2006, 11:34
iam modding quake1 for psp...

with new weapons it is not cs but its nicer weapons right now.

test it.

http://www.jaredlundquist.com/w2box/data/psp-quake-weapon-mod.v02.zip

the_eternal_dark
September 17th, 2006, 20:20
I'll try to see if I can get some time on Thurs. to start a project CS clone with Quake 1 for psp.:cool:

thenery
September 17th, 2006, 21:11
i saw a video on you tube and it has a cs mod of doom. look at the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHYddAOoYW0

the_eternal_dark
September 17th, 2006, 21:18
IMO the Doom wad isn't bad, but I want to make a closer representation of the CS experience, using the Quake engine. It will definately be better, I think.

csd-san
September 17th, 2006, 21:49
Isn't the half life/cs engine originally based off the Quake engine anyways?

the_eternal_dark
September 17th, 2006, 23:06
A heavily modified version, yes. It won't be hard to do. I just have to find time.

gpeters
September 18th, 2006, 02:44
iam modding quake1 for psp...

with new weapons it is not cs but its nicer weapons right now.

test it.

http://www.jaredlundquist.com/w2box/data/psp-quake-weapon-mod.v02.zip

Dead link... Otherwise, I'd like to see your mod. BTW, you guys may not put too much into your mods. I tried running the navy seals mod on the psp, and it totally bogs it down.
Not that anyone cares, I did get airquake, kickflip, slide, and Quess working on the psp... Airquake was a little choppy, but so is unmodded quake on the psp. Would really like to see GPU rendering in Quake 1... I actually liked it better than Quake 2.

PSPdemon
September 18th, 2006, 03:54
well...

you could always do a CS mod for IRIS....... it is very possible....

i have done CS model conversion into the required MD2 format.... it just takes time ( extracting the bones....putting the model into crusifix and then applying the bones back to the model.....turn in 90* to the left.....and export into a MD2 format... ( may require resizing of the model ))

and as far as maps go.......they would be easy too...

so i would recommend anyone that wants too....and has the time too ( because it takes me 2 weeks ( i have a busy schedual ) to convert a MD2 model completely )........i say try to mod Iris....youll probably get a nice looking CS game out of that :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

the_eternal_dark
September 18th, 2006, 07:11
well...

you could always do a CS mod for IRIS....... it is very possible....

i have done CS model conversion into the required MD2 format.... it just takes time ( extracting the bones....putting the model into crusifix and then applying the bones back to the model.....turn in 90* to the left.....and export into a MD2 format... ( may require resizing of the model ))

and as far as maps go.......they would be easy too...

so i would recommend anyone that wants too....and has the time too ( because it takes me 2 weeks ( i have a busy schedual ) to convert a MD2 model completely )........i say try to mod Iris....youll probably get a nice looking CS game out of that :D

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

I can't believe I almost forgot about Iris. I'll look into starting when I take my vacation in a month or so, though I'm still going to play around with the idea of a quake version for a bit. You are right though, it would look a lot better using iris.

*edit* just had an idea, psp headset...

PSPZorZ
September 24th, 2006, 00:40
I never have played Counterstrike but that sounds cool but I would rather have Up=Move Forward, Right=Move Right, Down=Move Back, Left=Move Left and Triangle, O, X, Square for aiming because I'm more used to that... Also what button would be shoot, you didn't even include that :/

the_eternal_dark
September 24th, 2006, 03:18
Movement (foward, back, strafe left, strafe right) would be done with the square, triangle, x, and o buttons. Look would be with the analog stick. Crouch, jump, commands, and open/use would be done with the d-pad. L button is shift (hold for shift) to allow more button functions (zoom with rifle, etc). L+d-pad right/left weapon select, L+d-pad up loads buy menus, L+d-pad down game stats. R button fires. Hold L tap R to zoom with rifle, aiming mode, releasing L keeps zoom mode and allows you to fire, tap L+R to return to normal.

Or something like that....