PDA

View Full Version : Devhook for 2.71(ta082)?

ripmotor
September 16th, 2006, 12:54
i have 2.71 ta-082, and i was wondering, since it is confimed that 2.71 has kernel access, would it be possible to run devhook on it? or is that still unknown as of now? thanks.

dejkirkby
September 16th, 2006, 13:09
You CANNOT run DevHook on a 2.71. You can only run it on a 1.5. It isn't for 2.71's, it only emulates the firmware.

Freshmilk
September 16th, 2006, 13:19
If you have a TA-082 then you're wasting your tim looking for homebrew for it. It can never run 1.50 unless we find a way to downgrade it and make it still think its a higher firmware.

People always say "just cahnge the firmware number with x-flash" but that isn't as easy as it sounds, because editing the updater is illegal uless sony has given written permission, and you tell me what the odds are of that happening.

So, if you have a TA-082 then you should just follow the updates and buy UMDs, or a modchip. Or, i suppose you could always sell it on Ebay and buy another one, hope that it isn't TA-082.

dejkirkby
September 16th, 2006, 13:23
He couldn't use X-Flash though, because he needs 1.5FW to run it. And I'm sure the modchip doesn't fit on a TA-082 board. Could be wrong though! But I don't think I am.

razorak
September 16th, 2006, 13:52
And I'm sure the modchip doesn't fit on a TA-082 board. Could be wrong though! But I don't think I am.

u're absolutely right

ripmotor
September 16th, 2006, 13:56
k, thanks. i'm just really confused coz i've read somewhere that "when 2.71 gets eloader w/ kernel mode, it can do whatever 1.5 can". that sort of stuff. even noobz.eu said "...But then, with the possibility of kernel homebrew running without the need for a game UMD, why would you need to downgrade?" so i just thought maybe it's possible they could come up with devhook for 2.71

yeah, snes, gba, and genesis etc, for the upcoming 2.70/1 eloader would be great, but what i'd really like on the psp is the stuff devhook can load.... like legally backed up versions of my umd's. *coughs*

oh well. i'll just see what that 0okm guy or anyone else comes up with in the next couple of months maybe, before i abandon my wretched ta-082

razorak
September 16th, 2006, 13:58
i think u'd be better off abandoning it for a downgradeable psp or better still one that's already a 1.5

Prasoc
September 16th, 2006, 15:14
Just one question: Why wouldn't DevHook run on 2.71 if it had Kernel Access?

acn010
September 16th, 2006, 15:19
cause it doesn't

dejkirkby
September 16th, 2006, 15:21
The Peter Kay sarcastic answer of the week Award goes to /opens envolope ACN010!!! Come and collect your award!

Freshmilk
September 16th, 2006, 15:27
I stand corrected, the TA-082 is completely useless.

by editing the updater i meant as in the TA-082 installs 1.50 and calls it something else in 1 swift move, which is next to impossible to do anyway.

andrew24
September 16th, 2006, 16:35
k, thanks. i'm just really confused coz i've read somewhere that "when 2.71 gets eloader w/ kernel mode, it can do whatever 1.5 can". that sort of stuff. even noobz.eu said "...But then, with the possibility of kernel homebrew running without the need for a game UMD, why would you need to downgrade?" so i just thought maybe it's possible they could come up with devhook for 2.71

yeah, snes, gba, and genesis etc, for the upcoming 2.70/1 eloader would be great, but what i'd really like on the psp is the stuff devhook can load.... like legally backed up versions of my umd's. *coughs*

oh well. i'll just see what that 0okm guy or anyone else comes up with in the next couple of months maybe, before i abandon my wretched ta-082

What would you need devhook anyway so far it only emulates 2.71 . unless sumone finally found a way to emulate 2.81 then there is no point. SO WTF?
________
volcano vaporizer reviews (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/volcano)

Video_freak
September 16th, 2006, 16:37
Actually, we can emulate 2.8 now Andrew. ;)