PDA

View Full Version : OPM promises to reveal unknown PS3 title

wraggster
September 17th, 2006, 10:31
With their ears to the rails, listening intently for the faintest sounds of an oncoming hype train, our buddies at PS3 Fanboy finally heard the much delayed Sony marketing machine leave the station, albeit a couple months late.

During their routine screening of the OPM podcast, they learned that the November issue of OPM (Official PlayStation Magazine) would reveal a title "that you have not heard of and won't heart about" ... until November that is. Choo-choo!

We're just wondering how OPM is supposed to oversee the review of the game when their Managing Editor already said she's not buying a PlayStation 3?

This presentation of ultra-super-fantastic-glee-splenderific hype machine has been brought to you by OPM. (http://www.odeo.com/audio/1903636/view)

paulyfknt90
September 17th, 2006, 16:15
the new title is the elder scrolls IV: oblivion
they let it slip in a 1up podcast.

so look forward to getting ur hands on it when the ps3 comes out

JKKDARK
September 17th, 2006, 16:19
it's a good game :)

acn010
September 17th, 2006, 16:20
metal gear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dejkirkby
September 17th, 2006, 16:21
It's not exactly gonna be the PS3 killer app though. I was expecting something else.

Gamblore
September 17th, 2006, 18:57
What would be the point of not releasing the name? With some of the bad publicity these days you think they would want some good publicity.

FrozenIpaq
September 18th, 2006, 02:09
I have a pretty good idea what it is from my reliable sources :) Although, I won't share, I'll just say that you won't be disappointed

pibs
September 18th, 2006, 02:34
I have a pretty good idea what it is from my reliable sources :) Although, I won't share, I'll just say that you won't be disappointed
that really clears things up doesn't it:rolleyes:

FrozenIpaq
September 18th, 2006, 02:38
that really clears things up doesn't it:rolleyes:

Well, I was planning on saying more but realized I shouldn't have, so I deleted part of the post. More info - sequel to a certain game :p I don't want to go into too much detail though as you can see

paulyfknt90
September 18th, 2006, 03:12
HELOO PPLS LIKE I SAID.

i was listning to the 1up podcast, and the host let it slip that the game they were going to anounce is in fact the elder scrolls IV oblivion.

i dont know if its a direct port of the game or if it was redone with better visuals

FrozenIpaq
September 18th, 2006, 03:35
HELOO PPLS LIKE I SAID.

i was listning to the 1up podcast, and the host let it slip that the game they were going to anounce is in fact the elder scrolls IV oblivion.

i dont know if its a direct port of the game or if it was redone with better visuals

Yeah, and I'm saying you are wrong :p 1up did not slip saying that it was a PS3 launch title, Luke (I believe) started to say (on the topic of Oblivion) "cause I've heard that the PS" (might have been cut out, but that's all that was stated on the podcast)

paulyfknt90
September 18th, 2006, 04:13
i found a site that updated with the news, heres what they had to say about it

1UP.com's RadiOPM recently announced that a new PlayStation 3 launch title would be revealed in the November issue of the Official PlayStation Magazine (OPM), however, it seems that the secret may have been leaked on another 1UP podcast service, 1UP Yours.

While talking about Oblivion and its suspected expansions, a 1UP Yours podcast host let it slip that Oblivion will be making its way to the PlayStation 3 and that it will be a launch title. This seems to fit previous clues offered by RadiOPM- the name of the game would be five words long and it was be a game which was previously not announced for the PlayStation 3. The full name of Oblivion is indeed five words long, "The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion" and the game has so far been an Xbox 360 exclusive when it comes to consoles.

Oblivion making its way to the PlayStation 3 has almost been as hotly debated as the exculsivity of Asassin's Creed, with Sony fans claiming that it would be a matter of time before a PlayStation 3 version of the action RPG would be announced.

We at PS3Land are holding our breath until official confirmation comes in. If Oblivion is indeed to be a PlayStation 3 launch title, it will be hitting shelves in North America on November 17th.

irongiant
September 18th, 2006, 14:46
Yeah, and I'm saying you are wrong :p 1up did not slip saying that it was a PS3 launch title, Luke (I believe) started to say (on the topic of Oblivion) "cause I've heard that the PS" (might have been cut out, but that's all that was stated on the podcast)

Ok answer some questions then without revealing the actual game..

Is it a sequel to a franchise already exclusive to Sony?

When genre is the game in?

Will MS be at all bothered that the game is coming to PS3?

ACID
September 18th, 2006, 14:57
the new title is the elder scrolls IV: oblivion
they let it slip in a 1up podcast.

so look forward to getting ur hands on it when the ps3 comes out
Nope bethesta said NOt going to do this game for PS3

FrozenIpaq
September 18th, 2006, 21:35
Ok answer some questions then without revealing the actual game..

Is it a sequel to a franchise already exclusive to Sony?

When genre is the game in?

Will MS be at all bothered that the game is coming to PS3?
Not sure what genre it should be classified as, but I believe it is adventure, and it is a "sequel" of a sort to a sony title, and hard to say if MS will be bothered with it.

Now, I'm making a very educated guess based on info given to me from a very reliable source. I just wanted to clarify that the game was not Oblivion, that was the only purpose of me posting here :P

irongiant
September 18th, 2006, 22:33
If it's anything to do with the ICO team then time to get interested.. though they do take a while to make each game! More likely to be something like Fatal Frame.

paulyfknt90
September 19th, 2006, 20:10
it seems u are right my friend, aparently the guy didnt know alot about gaming, in a recent article on ps3land it proves that oblivion is not the title!

so im wrong, sorry for doubting you, also can u give us more clues as to what u think the title is??

irongiant
September 20th, 2006, 14:19
OMG! Ninja Gaiden is heading to the PS3.. one of my fave games of recent times. Yes.