PDA

View Full Version : GTA Vice City Stories Update - VCS censored in Germany, Alternative Trailer and More

wraggster
September 17th, 2006, 20:38
Those great folks over at GTA Portable.com have posted more Vice City Story News:

Yet again the Vice City Stories listing over at the Internet Movie Database has been updated, revealing more cast members. The newest info should be taken with a grain of salt, as when I submitted Kid Frost as the voice of Diego Mendez last month, I later got an email saying it was approved and added. So basically the new info could have been added by any fan out there.

Also, Gamepro.de has news about Vice City Stories receiving a censorship in Germany and Australia. A few days back I reported about the game receiving an age 16 rating, and listed a few things that might be removed. Well, just like San Andreas (currently unsure about LCS) - VCS will also have some features removed. They include the removal of prostitution, animations of head shots, and not being able to interact with corpses (hitting or kicking them). While they don't report on it, I'm sure pedestrians will also not drop money after you killed them, as it is for the German version of San Andreas. Not surprisingly, they also report that the Australian version will have the same censorship.

DoubleAgent.com posted a slightly different trailer than the one released before. While it's mostly the same, it does feature some new scenes. Chances are this is the one that will be used for the T.V. advertisement, as the San Andreas one was also slightly different to its trailer.

More info --> http://www.gtaportable.com/news/6328/another-imdb-update,-vcs-censored-in-germany,-alternative-trailer

tedou
September 17th, 2006, 20:43
hummmmmmmmmm

JKKDARK
September 17th, 2006, 20:44
damn :mad:

Basil Zero
September 18th, 2006, 00:27
lol, feel sorry for the germans

Veskgar
September 18th, 2006, 01:18
What the hell is going on in the world? China, Germany, and many more censoring away. Are humans so stupid as to think that video games are the cause of evil, violence, etc.?

It should be obvious for the most part the causes of violence nowadays. Blaming Video Games and other media is the clearest example of a scapegoat I can find.

Although the U.S.A. is far from perfect, it is stuff like this that makes me proud to be an American.

MaxSMoke
September 18th, 2006, 11:36
Poor little Australia. I thought it was a land where "Men were Men", but I guess those Men aren't manly enough to stomach violence in their video games. Much like the Germans, they are now a country of weak little girlie men who run in fear from games that show too much blood. Sissies.

bah
September 18th, 2006, 13:07
Haha girly men, I wish we had great leaders like arnie to show us the way.

Australian videogame regulation is a joke, they refuse to create an equivolent of a film R rating, leaving the highest rating at M15+. Essentially, if a game exceeds the limitation of a kid-friendly game, noone gets to play it.

Perhaps one day they'll get off their asses and make the change, untill then us aussies have to stick to imports. Thankfully psp games arent region locked :)

red_sox32
September 18th, 2006, 23:36
they might as well just stop production for the game if they are going to be taking any more features like that out.