PDA

View Full Version : StrmnNrmn - Blog Update!

Malksta
September 17th, 2006, 23:42
from http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/

I'm still alive

I just wanted to apologise for the lack of updates recently. In between commitments at work and at home I've not had much time to work on Daedalus over the past couple of weeks. Fortunately things are quietening down again so I should have some free time to work on the next release of the emulator this week. Rest assured I'll keep you up to date with all the new developments.

-StrmnNrmn

Gene
September 17th, 2006, 23:52
no ope is rushing you, we all know you have a life other than homebrew. Just do what you can :).

felonyr301
September 17th, 2006, 23:54
take your time its better to work at it when not busy or stressed usually get better results that way lol anyways people have lives these days so no biggie.

aries2k4
September 17th, 2006, 23:55
No problem. Coding is definately time consuming. thanks for the info and IŽll keep checking for news and updates.
Thanks

Kramer
September 17th, 2006, 23:57
I find it funny how he says sorry to all the spammers on his blog.

PlagueMusic
September 17th, 2006, 23:58
i was just wondering 2 seconds ago where he was..

ExcruciationX
September 18th, 2006, 00:04
i was just wondering 2 seconds ago where he was..
So was I! LOL!

Kvonx
September 18th, 2006, 00:07
Yeaeeaah....hes not dead, dont worry about it......we all have our time, jus remember to keep us posted!! :) Enjoy ur week

SSaxdude
September 18th, 2006, 00:11
Take your time man! I know your work is always A+ quality.

Veskgar
September 18th, 2006, 00:44
I've been gaining more and more interest in the Daedalus project so this is good news. Thanks for the update.

emuking
September 18th, 2006, 00:50
cool, i hope a new release comes sometime next month i love this emu :D

pkmaximum
September 18th, 2006, 00:57
LOL and to think all this time I thought Strmmmn was working on his N64 emulator, and there was going to be some huge update on speed or something.

Well no harm done I certainly appreciate the hard work Strmmmmn does, its good to see he is still there and alive currently working on his emulator eeach day as time goes on. Hopefully he will soon implement sound because that is a feature that I'm definently going to be waiting for. Because my friend is still doubting that the PSP will be able to handle good sound quality on the PSP. So that will be a surprise once that is working =]

DragonPimpsta
September 18th, 2006, 02:14
cool, a few minutes ago i was wondering about Daedalus and heres a post about it! I cant wait for your next update.

sroon
September 18th, 2006, 02:39
WOW it was like just last week i just started to play Zelda64 On my PSP! and now its almost playable!:D I cannot wait until he tells up whats up his sleeve next!
Great job Norm!:)

( O ) ( O );)

salomon st
September 18th, 2006, 02:46
i hope r9 will kick ass!!

pibs
September 18th, 2006, 03:03
i don't care about speed really, i just want sound :D that would be GRRRRReat

felonyr301
September 18th, 2006, 03:22
i just care about both the zelda 64 games a little more to the first one but im settled for now playing zelda minish cap on the gba emulator.

Tinnus
September 18th, 2006, 04:02
Sound will probably be near free in the ME. And probably too slow without it too. So too bad for ptople without kernel access. Just freaking downgrade :D

Anyway the "problem" with sound is that it makes it easier for you to sense the speed (or lack thereof). For instance, if a game is running at 85-90% without sound, you can hardly feel it, especially if it's a fast game like Mario 64. But if you're running at 90% with sound on, you'll feel the sound slower than normal and the entire thing will feel slower (although not necessarily it will be).

emuking
September 18th, 2006, 04:04
i just care about both the zelda 64 games a little more to the first one but im settled for now playing zelda minish cap on the gba emulator.

thats what im doing right now too :D

pkmaximum
September 18th, 2006, 05:33
Tinnus I remember you looking at the sources a little while back. Do you think that full speed Zelda with sound is possible. i don't want to sound pestamistic, but I'm just not really sure if a large, game could possibly run on the PSP at full speed with sound.

Nafogel
September 18th, 2006, 05:43
Its nice to see that strmnnrmn is still on the scene. I was kinda wonderin where he had been. I have downloaded every daedalus release since the very first one, and with every new release this emulator has improved substantially. I can't wait to see the new improvements for R9. GO STRMNNRMN!!!

BL4Z3D247
September 18th, 2006, 06:47
R9 woohoo, bring it on :D

NeoXCS
September 18th, 2006, 06:54
Can't wait for a new release! :) Don't worry about rushing, everyone understands having more to do than just code. :) Good luck on r9! :D

Mr. Shizzy
September 18th, 2006, 08:31
Always good to hear from StrmnNrmn. :D Sometimes a little rest is the best thing for progress.

dejkirkby
September 18th, 2006, 08:39
Thanks for letting us know where you are up to StrmnNrmn.

Tinnus
September 18th, 2006, 15:08
Tinnus I remember you looking at the sources a little while back. Do you think that full speed Zelda with sound is possible. i don't want to sound pestamistic, but I'm just not really sure if a large, game could possibly run on the PSP at full speed with sound.
I'm not sure. I've not run Zelda yet but I hear it's verrrryyyy slow...

I've not seen enough of the source code to say that. I find the entire thing too confusing :D

Shuin0
September 18th, 2006, 15:21
its good to take some rest now In then even if those rest mean being busy at work :-P and other things lol keep up the good work champ