PDA

View Full Version : Shave Me! App Hits 5 Million Downloads

wraggster
August 29th, 2011, 21:28
Massachusetts game developer Metaversal Studios is thrilled to announce the milestone of five million downloads for the Entertainment app Shave Me!. Since launching in July 2009, Shave Me! has grown from the iPod Touch to the iPad platform as a universal iOS app and is now available to Android OS users as well. This weekend, the team is proud to have seen total downloads across all platforms reach the coveted five-million mark.

Shave Me! may be a departure from the gaming genre but Metaversal Studios could not be more pleased with its widespread success and the support of the creative user community. The developer credits both regular app updates and user creation sharing and promotion through social media communities with the ever-growing popularity of Shave Me!.

Most recently, the team added a Photo Shaving upgrade to the iOS version of Shave Me! enabling photo importing through the Photo Library app as well as in-app camera usage for certain devices. Users of Shave Me! iOS can now replace the ‘skin’ background options with their own photos, allowing hair growth and shaving on anything from a formal family portrait to your best friend’s yearbook photo.
"We're very grateful to all of the people who have downloaded the app and made it a huge success," said Matt Sughrue, VP of Product Development at Metaversal Studios. "We'll continue to show our appreciation to fans ofShave Me! with additional content and updates in the coming year."
Other iOS games by Metaversal Studios include Bad Apples, Battle Harvest and GameRoom. The Bad Apples puzzle franchise has seen over 1.5 million downloads since launch. The latest Metaversal iOS game is Elemites, a Real-Time Scrolling Strategy game set to launch in the App Store in September. The studio team is thrilled to add Elemites to the Metaversal roster pending App Store approval.