PDA

View Full Version : DATEL Max Media Dock help

Joe Red
September 18th, 2006, 11:35
I bought a Max Media Dock, mostly to listen to music and watch videos, but I'd like to play a few homebrew games and applications too.

I downloaded a handful, put them on my memory card and loaded them up on the DS. They seem to load OK, except the TouchScreen doesn't seem to work.

For example, I load up the MSN client I downloaded, which seems to run OK (the log on the top screen says it's connected) but I can't enter my username and password because the TouchScreen is completely unresponsive. Same thing happened with some puzzle game I downloaded; the graphics showed up, the music played, but the TouchScreen wouldn't function.

I'm using a DS Lite, and the TouchScreen works fine for regular DS games and for navigating through the Max Media Dock...any idea why it doesn't work once the game/app loads up?

Thanks for any help.

sonikku88
September 18th, 2006, 15:41
Max Media Player/Dock is THE MOST incompatible homebrew software/hardware availiable. Very few apps are able to run on it, I'm afraid.

guitarmonkey
September 18th, 2006, 16:21
i have the Max Media Dock and I have no issues with it.

i have a 2gb Compact Flash Card with it.

i have all my .nds games running from it, the SCUMM emulator with Monkey Island and also a NES emulator with about 25 NES games.

its ace.

dejkirkby
September 18th, 2006, 16:24
Hey you're from Wigan? I'm from Burnley!!

sonikku88
September 18th, 2006, 16:25
i have the Max Media Dock and I have no issues with it.

i have a 2gb Compact Flash Card with it.

i have all my .nds games running from it, the SCUMM emulator with Monkey Island and also a NES emulator with about 25 NES games.

its ace.

Are you using the Max Media Player software with it?

If you are, what the hell?! :eek:

guitarmonkey
September 18th, 2006, 17:27
i have the Max Media Dock, a 2gb Dane Elec Compact Flash Card.

i use the cartridge that came with the MMD and i use MaxOverload 1.2 to run .nds games.

the SCUMM emulator and NES emulator I got from this site:

this is the SCUMM one:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33432

no problems

sonikku88
September 18th, 2006, 17:34
i use the cartridge that came with the MMD and i use MaxOverload 1.2 to run .nds games.

Ah right. That makes more sense. Though, I haven't been able to get MaxOverload to patch the games I want it to. :(

Amethyst
September 19th, 2006, 19:22
GuitarMonkey, what NES emulator did you use? How did you get it to work? And, most likely a no, does it have sound?

I got Picodrive working swell for Vectorman and a few.

Is there any smooth running GB/GB Color emulators? The one on this site is choppy as hell.

Sorry for kind of hijacking this thread. I just thought my questions aren't worth a thread of their own.

Joe Red
September 19th, 2006, 21:06
Max Media Player/Dock is THE MOST incompatible homebrew software/hardware availiable. Very few apps are able to run on it, I'm afraid.
So I've heard :(

I would have thought that if they weren't going to work that they wouldn't load up at all, though? Seems odds that they load up, but the TouchScreen doesn't work.

JesseEHenthorn
September 21st, 2006, 02:37
I have to agree with MonkeyMan. I'm not sure why the Media Dock takes so much flack. I've had no problems with it regarding DS backup and NES emulation.

Anyone gotten anything else to work?

Destroyer699
September 21st, 2006, 03:21
Not much works for me. I suggest upgrading to sonthing else. Actually, its downgrading because it doesn't cost as much and is far superior. Supercard mb?

Junixx
September 21st, 2006, 03:33
Heck the GBAMP is cheaper than the MMD and it works better

kcajblue
September 21st, 2006, 03:39
yeah. the GBAMP was the first thing i had. it was awesome! :D but now i use my M3. but i still use my GBAMP once in a while.

sonikku88
September 21st, 2006, 15:09
Damn, it seem the MMP/D is the Dell of the DS homebrew world. Cheap, but unreliable and downright crap. :(

SifJar
September 14th, 2008, 12:55
hey i have managed to get all the homebrew ive tried to work on my MMD. I have:

DSOrganize(DLDI patched)
Still Alive
Tettat DS
SquareDS
Pocket Physics(DLDI patched)
Monky
NDSports
Monky

Oh, and whats wrong with Dell. I've never had any problems with my Dell laptop

DanTheManMS
September 16th, 2008, 23:16
Please, for the love of any deity you believe in, look at the date of the last post before you reply. Take a look right now. The last post was almost exactly 2 years ago.

TurboPikachu
July 18th, 2010, 06:38
Are you using the Max Media Player software with it?

If you are, what the hell?! :eek:

I see you are surprised, but any flashcart can do that...

.____. I have an MMP that is running a perfect NES emu with over 80 games on it, an ancient version SNEmulDS with about 20 games(0.31a, what are they on now, like 1.30b, right?), and a slow, silent Genesis emu that I have 5 games for.

Overall, I'm very disappointed with the MMP, though... I wanted a GBA emu to run my english Mother 3 ROM on, and a >>well functioning<< SNES emu...

Was that too much to ask? Also, why haven't they made a version that doesn't need a GBA slot? I have a DSi XL now, and I can't use it on that, so I'm still stuck using my DS lite that's on the verge of breaking...

I've lost my faith in Datel, and now I'm searching for an Acekard 2i, so I can move my emulation to the DSi XL.