PDA

View Full Version : No online in Tony Hawk PS3

wraggster
September 18th, 2006, 20:09
Developer Neversoft has dropped online play from the PlayStation 3 version of Tony Hawk's Project 8, a key third-party launch title for Sony's next-gen console.

The developer has only recently received development kits for the PlayStation 3 and has not had time to implement online play ahead of the consoles' US and Japanese launch in November, according to an article on IGN.

"Neversoft is confident the PS3 version of the game will ship at launch in November, but it still hasn't received all of the software libraries and has no indication of how the online components will work on PS3, so it's not offering them," detailed the report.

With online play a major battleground for all the next-generation consoles, the loss of online features for a key third-party franchise could prove to be another blow for Sony - already dealing with the aftermath of a delay to the European launch of the console.

Neversoft was the first developer to offer online play for the PlayStation 2 with the launch of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 in October 2001, well ahead of Sony's official online service.

Tony Hawk's Project 8 for the Xbox 360 will support up to eight players online, as well as other features over the Xbox Live service.

Publisher Activision was unable to offer comment at the time of writing.

Nafogel
September 18th, 2006, 20:14
just another reason to be mad at sony, despite how much i like them (what would i do without my psp?) lol

JKKDARK
September 18th, 2006, 21:08
wtf I can't believe :mad:

SSaxdude
September 18th, 2006, 21:22
People said the 360 launch was rushed, and it looks like it's the same with the PS3.

tallica
September 18th, 2006, 21:27
That as the one thing i was looking forward to :(

stotheamuel
September 18th, 2006, 22:54
Neversoft was the first developer to offer online play for the PlayStation 2 with the launch of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 in October 2001, well ahead of Sony's official online service.

god damnit i was right... i will rub this in my friends face

SSaxdude
September 19th, 2006, 00:41
But remember Stotheamuel, you could only play THPS3 online with certain USB modems before Sony released the network adapter.

jerrt
September 19th, 2006, 03:56
what do you think the chances that they will release an update over the network to allow for network play? i mean if they can code that much of an entry into the game system, they could just add it in a few months. anyone?

pibs
September 19th, 2006, 05:34
I have played about every THPS and id say it would be pretty dang borring without online gaming.

Video_freak
September 19th, 2006, 06:03
That's a disappointment... :(

muffinman
September 19th, 2006, 22:10
i feel tony hawks has been stretched to its limits. Do we really need this many games released abou the man.

JKKDARK
September 19th, 2006, 22:24
i feel tony hawks has been stretched to its limits. Do we really need this many games released abou the man.
at least, with online support..

porchemasi
September 27th, 2006, 21:47
booooooooooooooooooooooooo urns