PDA

View Full Version : TIFF FileAssistant v0.06 Released!

wraggster
September 18th, 2006, 23:47
Via PSP3d (http://psp3d.com/homepage-news/11501-tiff-fileassistant-v0-05-released.html):

FreePlay has just ported yet another homebrew favorite to the TIFF 2.7-2.80 (and, once again, 2.0, 2.01, 2.5, 2.6) firmware exploit. FileAssistant, originally created by Lin J.R, is an application which allows you to copy, move, rename, and delete files and folders both on the memory stick, and in the PSP's flash1, as well as copy files from the PSP's flash0 to flash1 or your memory stick.

This version is considered, in FreePlay's own words, as a "stripped-down version of the previous versions", since there is no working battery level indicator, nor support for UMD options (since the TIFF exploit does not yet have the proper firmware access needed to perform those actions, as the program stands at the moment). However, FreePlay does plan to make a new release in the future, hopefully fixing those capabilities. He also states that this version of FileAssistant is actually faster at reading/writing then all the non-TIFF releases; great work FreePlay!

UPDATE - New release:

Not satisfied with TIFF FileAssistant the way it was, FreePlay has updated his port of the file management application to version 0.06! The new version features UMD reading and a working battery meter. He has also updated a few dialogs to make them easier to understand.

Originally created by Lin J.R, FileAssistant is an application which allows you to copy, move, rename, and delete files and folders both on the memory stick, and in the PSP's flash1, as well as copy files from a UMD or the PSP's flash0 to flash1 or to your memory stick.

FreePlay also states that this version of FileAssistant is actually faster at reading/writing then all the non-TIFF releases; great work FreePlay!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

motormaniac
September 18th, 2006, 23:54
Hey Could U post it in .ZIP Format for me, my dad doesnt want me to download any rar extractors. Please that would be so great THanks.

Video_freak
September 18th, 2006, 23:56
Nice progress! Always nice to see added applications. At this rate, we won't even need an eLoader. :rolleyes:

JKKDARK
September 18th, 2006, 23:56
nice release :)

Nikolaos
September 19th, 2006, 00:01
Hey Could U post it in .ZIP Format for me, my dad doesnt want me to download any rar extractors. Please that would be so great THanks.

Lol I doubt he will repost it as .zip format buh you can nicely ask one of the fellow members of dcemu to send you i that way lol, by the by good job on the port :) once again i smell an eloader soon.

Nikolaos
September 19th, 2006, 00:02
Nice progress! Always nice to see added applications. At this rate, we won't even need an eLoader. :rolleyes:

ofcourse we will foo :P no one wants homebrew grouped up in their photo folder.. we want photos there lol

Video_freak
September 19th, 2006, 00:03
That was a joke..... :P

motormaniac
September 19th, 2006, 01:59
Video Freak Will post this in .ZIP format in the help forum or somthing, or PM me it or somthing. Please

shrimpidy
September 19th, 2006, 02:17
Sweet

syntaxtothe
September 19th, 2006, 02:31
New perfect way to run TIFF Exploit files. In the XMB on your psp, go to PHOTO. The go to the folder your tiff exploit game/app is in, and go down one more folder/file so that you skipped the one you wanted to run, then come back to the folder your exploited app/game is in and, then press the start button. Guaranteed to work every time ^^ Unless your psp is screwed :P

hakibou24
September 19th, 2006, 02:33
awesome, good job

razorak
September 19th, 2006, 03:56
allows you to copy, move, rename, and delete files and folders both on the memory stick, and in the PSP's flash1, as well as copy files from the PSP's flash0 to flash1 or your memory stick.

oooo....that sounds like exactly what i need to know my psp better...lol

FreePlay
September 19th, 2006, 05:07
You're welcome :)

Video_freak
September 19th, 2006, 06:08
Video Freak Will post this in .ZIP format in the help forum or somthing, or PM me it or somthing. Please
Ooops. I'm kinda late here. I'll do it anyways. :P

benh
September 19th, 2006, 08:47
This is brilliant, If you know who to use this app you can change the gameboot screens, the startup sounds etc. But you have to know who to use it, I dont know who but i'm gonna find out.

razorak
September 19th, 2006, 09:00
just dumped everything in my flash with it :D now i can carefully examine all my files on the comp..lol

Plowking
September 19th, 2006, 10:50
File assissant has never worked for me, and now this new tiff version is no different!

Firmware 2.00 - being a tiff loader I expected it to run like the eloader does from the photo folder. But it just freezes when I open the file assissant folder in photos.

razorak
September 19th, 2006, 10:56
a couple of questions:
Why are ya still on 2.0?? Downgrade it :)

try redownloading it? it worked on my 2.6...

dejkirkby
September 19th, 2006, 10:58
The 2.00 downgrader is the easiest to use. Go for it and join the 1.5 army!

hakibou24
September 19th, 2006, 12:42
hey but if we can now acces flash0 and flash1, aren't we suppose to be able to make a downrader.

benh
September 19th, 2006, 12:48
yeah, i was thinking that, but I have no warrenty on my psp and i don't want to risk bricking it so instead maybe an e-loader with kernal access

drEDN4wt
September 19th, 2006, 13:08
Great release, but any chance of sortiing the file list in the next release.

project_funky
September 19th, 2006, 16:35
yeah, i was thinking that, but I have no warrenty on my psp and i don't want to risk bricking it so instead maybe an e-loader with kernal access

Aww you girl! :p :p :p , so whens the release date :D

wolfie
September 19th, 2006, 18:42
don't know but i'm enjoying all the homebrew stuff being released =D even if the photo folder gets filled with apps, it's better than nothing

flyer
September 19th, 2006, 21:41
Its something special its almost time for the downgrder