PDA

View Full Version : Question about empty icons.

Fako
September 19th, 2006, 02:29
Hi people.

Just wanted to ask, I have a 1.5 psp and I have this question, when I install a homebrew, the % folder creates a empty icon under the real one in the Game menu. I just wanted to know if there was a way to get rid of that. Thanks guys.

pibs
September 19th, 2006, 06:20
use SeiPSPTool05c its fairly simple

Video_freak
September 19th, 2006, 06:22
I use PSP Brew. :)

ACID
September 19th, 2006, 06:53
PSP BREW is the best and real easy to use

dejkirkby
September 19th, 2006, 07:21
I use PSP brew too.

b8a
September 19th, 2006, 11:00
With as often as these threads popup I'm surprised that people are still solely recomending programs that require Windows to run. Especially when all you have to do is rename the folders.

The easiest way to get rid of the corrupted icons is to type "__SCE__" in front of the folder without the "%" character, and then give the second folder (with the "%" character) the exact same name, but just add a "%" character at the front of it's name.
Example:
FileAssistant
FileAssistant%
...would become:
__SCE__FileAssistant
%__SCE__FileAssistant

It's easy as pie. There might still be some programs that stop working using this naming scheme, but almost all work perfectly fine. All of the programs I use do.

If you want a program to do it for you, you should pick up "UO_Ograniser". It's very handy and runs on your PSP, no Windows nessecary.

dejkirkby
September 19th, 2006, 11:03
I've also found that if you use the 2.5/6 downgrader it already does this too.

donne
September 20th, 2006, 01:26
The easiest way to get rid of the corrupted icons is to type "__SCE__" in front of the folder without the "%" character, and then give the second folder (with the "%" character) the exact same name, but just add a "%" character at the front of it's name.
Example: FileAssistant & FileAssistant%
would become: __SCE__FileAssistant & %__SCE__FileAssistant

Just to make it crystal, that "__" is a double lines not one line. Sorry, but some people still think it's single and ended up asking again. :D