PDA

View Full Version : Review: 2600mAh Lithium Battery Pack

bandit
September 19th, 2006, 06:21
2600mAh Lithium Battery Pack
Manufacturer: Dragonplus
Site: Buy from Divineo China (http://www.divineo.cn/php/affstart.php?affcode=bandit&prod=psp-2600)
Price: $19.99

Overview : A high quality lithium rechargeable battery for your PSP with a confirmed number of recharge of more than 10,000. Built-in FULL 2600mAh power. Can supply your PSP console with over 8 hours of power!

Quality/Usability : The 2600mAh Lithium Battery Pack is just another 3rd party battery. The battery pack looks identical in size and shape to the original Sony PSP battery, so no need to worry about the battery sticking out. Item is printed in gold with the words “2600mAh 3.6v MEGA LITHIUM”. The original PSP battery is 1800mAh and than Sony released a newer battery that is 2200mAh. So this battery has 800mAh and 400mAh more than the original PSP batteries respectively.

It takes about 4 hours to fully charge. Once fully charged, the battery operates slightly better than the original PSP battery. I get about 3-5 hours on the original PSP battery and it depends on what I’m using it for. With the 2600mAh Lithium Battery Pack, I get slightly better battery life. I get about 5-7 hours. It doesn’t get the supposed 8 hours of power as mentioned. Then again, I don’t think any of the supposed numbers of hours of power/play is even accurate. They are always inaccurate.

Conclusion : Overall, the 2600mAh Lithium Battery Pack is a good substitute battery. If you’re looking for 1-2 hours extra of play time on your PSP, pick this up. You might not notice it since you’ll be focused on playing your game. This would make a great backup as well if you cant afford the original PSP battery.

http://www.divineo.cn/divineo_support/products/psp-2600/img1.jpg (http://www.divineo.cn/divineo_support/products/psp-2600/big_img1.jpg)
Click on images to enlarge

Images via comments

pibs
September 19th, 2006, 06:32
yup im getting one of these, dang homebrew really gobbles up the battery at full speed.

Video_freak
September 19th, 2006, 07:05
Nice! It's pretty cheap. Thanks for the review bandit. ;)

nibbz
February 2nd, 2007, 14:24
I bought one and now the PSP keeps thinking the power source is AC adapter even when its running from battery!. The battery symbol in the top right corner keeps flashing on and off as if the AC power is being supplied. Maybe the PSP cannot recognise the power level of the battery at full charge?

bandit
February 2nd, 2007, 15:09
I bought one and now the PSP keeps thinking the power source is AC adapter even when its running from battery!. The battery symbol in the top right corner keeps flashing on and off as if the AC power is being supplied. Maybe the PSP cannot recognise the power level of the battery at full charge?
I didnt have a problem with it. How long have you had it? Did you try taking it out for a couple of mins and then placing it back in?

What happens if you play with it and the battery drains? Does it still happen or only when its fully charged?