PDA

View Full Version : UAE4ALL question

DemoniusX
September 19th, 2006, 09:03
I was wondering if the last release (RC 1) supports amiga floppy disk swapping? I was playing "another world" and asked for the second disk but when I ejected it and put in disk two....it seems like it was loading it up or it maybe it just takes longer the load. So can Anyone help clarify this? Thanks.

Darksaviour69
September 19th, 2006, 10:40
don't know the answer to your question, but i can say that you can get the p.c. port of another world for the dreamcast here
http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,62,448

with all the data files included, its a great port by gpf

DemoniusX
September 19th, 2006, 19:05
don't know the answer to your question, but i can say that you can get the p.c. port of another world for the dreamcast here
http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,62,448

with all the data files included, its a great port by gpf

I appreciate you took the time to answer my question.
The port is fantastic BUT the port is completely impossible to complete going through the entire game with out it not loading certain parts. For instance,there is a part where you have to jump down a cliff and blow a whole in the wall to enter the cave part of the game...it never loads it.

So basically the port while being fast and full speed has that bug in it that pisses me off,so if you want to proceed you HAVE to reset the game and put in the password. the amiga version runs great on DC and I doubt since its a emulated version using a PC iit would have that problem. I have burned 3 cds thinking it was my burn, its the same everytime.

Nothing towards GPF but the port is unbeatable unless you put in "LFCK" as your password for the final level and complete it from there. its a bummer.

Shoometsu
September 19th, 2006, 20:04
I have noticed the 2 parts where the game freezes too, we can pass it only through passords, unfortunately...

Darksaviour69
September 19th, 2006, 20:31
really, i suck at the game so never got that far. i'm pretty sure gpf does not know about that bug, so i'll pass that info to him, maybe he can release a new version with out the bug

Shoometsu
September 19th, 2006, 21:23
I hope so, let's wait then. I never told him about it because I thought that somebody already did it.

I played this game until the end, and there was two parts with this "freeze" bug. the strange is that if you use a password to one level after this part and return to the "buggy" area, the game won't freeze anymore.

DemoniusX
September 20th, 2006, 03:23
I am glad to see someone had the same problem I did, Maybe GPF will fix this problem because I am a big fan of "another world" I have the snes cart but its just too slow to enjoy as much as I could (when your a kid, everything is entertaining).

I guess no one knows about the Floopy disk swapping, its ok maybe chui will include it when and if he makes a new version of UAE4all.

Christuserloeser
September 20th, 2006, 15:13
One definitly can swap the floppy images. I just can't remember what's needed to do so. I think you have to go back to the menu, choose the next disc and then load it.

DemoniusX
September 20th, 2006, 20:38
One definitly can swap the floppy images. I just can't remember what's needed to do so. I think you have to go back to the menu, choose the next disc and then load it.

Wouldn't you have to eject the disk thats in there first? if so I did this and I waited for about 10 mins and nothing happend.

chui
October 11th, 2006, 12:07
UAE4ALL supports 2 floppy drives.

For swapping floppies you only have to select a new floppy image at UAE4ALL's filemanager: if you select a floppy image with A-button then you select for fd0 and if you select with Y-button you select for fd1.

Of course, you can swap floppy during game.

Multidisk games like 'Another World' works very fine without problems. I have tested this game personally because i love it.

DemoniusX
October 20th, 2006, 02:22
oh I agree, the game is fun and has a interesting story. The ending may suck but I still love the game.

btw Thanks for the tip chui. your the man I can count on ;).