PDA

View Full Version : FrequenDS Released

wraggster
September 19th, 2006, 22:27
News from Nuudles (http://nuudles.googlepages.com/frequends):

So about a month ago I started working on my first homebrew DS project. Unfortunately, I don't have very much free time at all, so I haven't worked on it altogether too much. I've basically been trying to port Frequency for the PS2 to the DS. Recently, it came to my attention that another coder has been coding AmplituDS so, I've decided to go ahead and announce my project in the hopes that maybe we could help each other out work kinks / get ideas that we have both experienced.

So here is my first release. We'll call it 0.00001alpha because it doesn't work all that well.

0.00001alpha features:

Loads any MOD file right now (rename the file as test.mod in the root of your FAT card)

Loads note information from a WAM file (rename the file as test.wam in the root of your FAT card)
Authentic Frequency Octagon spiffiness
Uses the latest version of Chishm's FAT library, so it should support any of his supported cards (I only have a SuperCard SD and a SuperCard Lite to test, and only the SD works)
Right now, the whole song plays throughout the whole thing because I haven't debugged the muting/unmuting of the different channels yet.

0.00001alpha problems:

The whole thing gets out of sync relatively soon (this probably has a way with my speed calculation)
No point system yet
No powerup system yet
Couldn't get the Alpha system to work very well yet, so no spiffy track translucencies (for cleared tracks)
I had problems loading larger IT files to test with. The included MOD and WAM files work fine.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Arimasen
September 20th, 2006, 00:57
Ill try this out because I almost enjoyed the AmplituDS version.

kcajblue
September 20th, 2006, 01:20
almost enjoyed???

Arimasen
September 20th, 2006, 01:21
almost enjoyed???
Yeah it has a few things that could be improved upon.

Junixx
September 20th, 2006, 01:37
Dude i LOVED AmplituDS, i will be trying this later

Xiro
September 20th, 2006, 02:40
I'm sorry that this is off topic, but does anyone know if there is a PC clone/port of this game?

DSbeatsPSP
May 28th, 2007, 04:48
I can't get AmplituDS to work on my Max Media player for DS. Do I need some sortuva music file?

Buddy4point0
May 28th, 2007, 04:50
sweet i love amplitude!

Dark Knight ez
May 28th, 2007, 10:52
On Max Media Dock you need to set your NDS clock to 00:00 first before starting up AmplituDS. Don't ask me why. ;p
And why in earth did you post this in the old FrequenDS topic? -_-'

toymin80r
May 29th, 2007, 04:02
i havent even heard of this old topic. I gots to download.

omonoia^laos
May 29th, 2007, 14:04
thankxxx!!