PDA

View Full Version : GeMP (Homer's RIN) version: 3.3 Final

wraggster
September 19th, 2006, 22:32
A new release of the Gameboy emulator for the PSP, heres the release info:

Version Changes:
Homer has been so busy of late, I wasn’t given any version changes, so I messed around with the software and manually found version changes. (I will add them as they come)
-New eLoader icon (Winner from Homer’s art contest)
-New default menu background (Serideth’s winning bg)
-A more complete file browser
-Press “L” to switch between flash1, flash0, disc0, & ms0 directories
-The ability to cycle to new commands in the browser using “R”
-Background support has changed, no more “BMP, just “PNG” and “JPG”
-Photo viewer: When viewing a supported image, press “O” to escape, and ▲ to open commands at the bottom left of the screen.
-Picture framing: During a game open menu (L+R), and go down to “GB Frame: On/Off” If you selected a frame from images, the black border around the game (If it isn’t stretched to whole screen) disappears and the background image replaces the blackness. Unfortunately, I don’t know the dimensions of the screen, so I can’t tell you ways to make game borders (think Dgen).
-Improved cheat support

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
Via PSPhacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2006/09/18/gemp-homers-rin-v33-released/)

Nikolaos
September 19th, 2006, 22:35
yay my 3rd fav emu updated :) woot lol i hope dere is some nice backgrounds

SweetFA
September 19th, 2006, 22:50
Mr Do! gb version still doesn't work.

Briggzy11
September 19th, 2006, 22:51
how the hell do you use the cheat support lol i can never figure it out

pkmaximum
September 19th, 2006, 23:02
Were is the ad hoc emulation D:

Well still nice to see this emulator updated ^_^

Briggzy11
September 19th, 2006, 23:10
This can no way be a final release, pkmaximum makes a very good point, this emulator needs Ad Hoc support, or we need a new emulator lol

Xiro
September 19th, 2006, 23:14
i think final just indicates that there were alpha and beta versions floating around, but this is the actual release.

Briggzy11
September 20th, 2006, 00:00
kk cheers Xiro, best not be the last release however, I know Homer mentioned there would not be any more releases of this emulator, but that was b4 this 1 was released lol so maybe it'll carry on.

I dont notice any differences in this at all though compaired to the last release???

Video_freak
September 20th, 2006, 00:07
Cool. Thanks for the update! :)

emuking
September 20th, 2006, 00:13
good emu i love playing the zelda games

Nikolaos
September 20th, 2006, 00:23
eh.. its kexploited... cant even change name of folder + change icon/background :( pfft

emuking
September 20th, 2006, 01:08
shhh noob ^^^

Video_freak
September 20th, 2006, 01:15
Now that's not very nice emuking. ;)

PlagueMusic
September 20th, 2006, 01:36
this is lame, once it creats a cfg file for a game it made the game crash once you reload the game.

hopefully this was fixed

Basil Zero
September 20th, 2006, 02:50
good job, maybe i'll download it , or keep the old version lol

RetroGoth
September 20th, 2006, 05:17
Great I love this emulator!

tuta
September 20th, 2006, 08:57
does this emu still have the sound errors?
I mean after u go to menu and go back to game the sounds gone like previous release?

eldj
September 20th, 2006, 15:11
this doesnt work on the tiff exploit:(

pkmaximum
September 20th, 2006, 16:11
Well like it was said previously, hopefully this is not the final version of the emulator completeley, that way we can eventually see the game link emulation done. Because ad hoc game boy games would be pretty fun to add, I can't imagine it being that hard to code iether.

PSPKOR
September 20th, 2006, 17:57
Yeah I hope this isn't the final version. I love the classic gameboy games.

cato`
September 20th, 2006, 18:31
Wasn't this released all the way back in april (the 19th to be excact)?

kando
September 21st, 2006, 00:32
does this emu still have the sound errors?
I mean after u go to menu and go back to game the sounds gone like previous release?

yea :(

steveliv
September 21st, 2006, 07:48
this release isn't very stable, sound errors and all, i think i will stick with RIN for the time being...

steven

Hungry Horace
September 23rd, 2006, 14:41
downloaded this again after this "re-issue" or whatever it was.

i never found 3.3 to be very stable the first time round, and now not only does the sound on musicbox and nanoloop not work at all, but as pointed out, sound disappears after changing settings / saving states etc. the 3.2 verison i had was quite good. think i'll go back to that tbh.

ACID
September 23rd, 2006, 14:43
It still thoes the same thing after you play a game sound goes of when you load another.

Hungry Horace
September 24th, 2006, 02:26
It still thoes the same thing after you play a game sound goes of when you load another.

it's wierd... i'm sure i had 3.2 working without that bug... but since going back from 3.3 it's happening there too!

kinda irritating becuase i do really like this version of Rin.... you'd think it be well sorted for 1.5 by now! (even if it takes a new dev. to clean it up)

Angelic_Mew
September 29th, 2006, 17:02
Can anyone tell me. Why is it that when i try and dl the emu it get's to around 30% and then stops? I seriosly want to try the emulator.

akagambit
November 12th, 2006, 15:38
OK, this emulator is nice.

I like the controls for it the most. I mean X is meant to comfirm and O or Triangle are meant to be back/cansel and Square is meant for options. Even the menu of the PSP has these controls, yet so many emulators mess it up by making O comfirm and X cansel.

Now this emulator DOES have sound issues where when you go to the menu and do almost anything then go back to the game, the sound is messed, but this is easily fixed. (Turn off your psp then back on [dont hold the power as it resets the the psp menu] then go back to the emu menu [L+R] and then continue the rom and the sound is back) A little anoying but still easily fixed.

Now it says that it has cheat support and I see that but it has no explination as to how to use it. No manual or anything. Now this brings the emulator down points, not because it does not have cheat support but because it says it has something but it is not explained so you may never be able to use it.

This emulator also has a nice interface and also has nice gfx. its also nice that you can change the background easily just by changing the name of the file. (background support would be nice though)

Over all I give this Emulator 3 out of 5 stars.
Fix the sound error, give better cheat support and an option to change the background image (not a priority) in the menu and you get 4.5 out of 5 stars.

The extra .5 is for going over the top and doing something that no other emulator's programmer has thought of.

And one final note: Great work, and I hope this is not the final release, because I'd like to see you improve this and astound us all.

Tonx_9
December 8th, 2006, 05:37
yes cheat support i love gameshark.....ohhhhhh the fun times im gonna have now!!!!!!!

clarkgun
March 25th, 2009, 02:06
Put this on my psp and it wouldnt start up again, not complaining just letting you guys know, had to open it in recovery and delete the eboots to get it working again.

L.O.V.E
February 17th, 2010, 04:49
I'm new and just made a code for zelda oracle of ages and seasons but when i load it up it says it failed why is this O.o if i upload them can somone fix them? thanks ^^

GazettE
April 8th, 2010, 19:39
How I install it on my psp 3k? firmware 5.03 gen-c