PDA

View Full Version : Strider on pc engine??

Panini
September 19th, 2006, 23:58
What is the best emulator for PSP to run Strider on the pc engine?

Its a big game and is better than the arcade because it has an extra level and exclusive remixed sound.

Has anybody got it to work?

ur advise would be much apreciated.:)

migsgiz
September 20th, 2006, 04:38
show me some pics of strider on pc engine!
(i can be wrong), but there no strider for pc engine!
only:cps1 & sega gens
edit
sorry ur right!
but it for turbo cd
and i think (can be wrong again)the psp cant emulate the turbo cd

Panini
September 20th, 2006, 09:35
I know that on the psp the emu PCE doesnt play turbo cd games, but im sure ive seen on here theres another multi emulator that does play them? I hope so bacause this version is my favourite of all of them, it even has additional cut scenes between each level that did no feature in the arcade.

can someone shed some light on this please and tell me if its poss to play on my psp?

Oh, and nice avatar migsgigz! :)

Baboon
September 20th, 2006, 11:24
I did'nt even know there was a Strider game on the PC engine?

I use PCE... I'm not sure how good the other emulator is (or what its even called lol).

b8a
September 20th, 2006, 13:30
The other emulator is called... "e[mulator]".

PCE actually does emulate CD's/Super CD's, but the coder didn't put much work into that part of the emulator and it hasn't been updated in forever anyway.

By contrast, while e[mulator] doesn't have perfect CD emulation either, at least it's being actively worked on, and "e" (the coder behind it), is finally making a serious stab at getting the S/CD issues down pat. On top of that, judging from the posts I've read (as I still have yet to getting around to trying any S/CD games for any PSP emulators), e[mulator] already does the best S/CD emulation available on the PSP, so if you can't get it to work in PCE, deffinately give e[mulator] a shot.

Make sure you post back with your results!

Panini
September 20th, 2006, 13:38
I wil ltry this later today. thankyou for the info.

Panini
September 20th, 2006, 19:20
I just tried on both emulators the cd version of Strider and Ghouls and ghosts and neither of them worked. On PCE it flickers to say its reading from the memory card, but it never loads, and on e:mulator it just goes back to the rom select. :( :(

I hope in time this will work because Strrider is ace on it. :)

Baboon
September 21st, 2006, 13:28
I tested this last night and unfortunately, like Panini has already stated in his post, this does not work on either of the emulators. I also tried the Turbo CD version of Ghouls and Ghosts and again no joy. ...boo. :(

Never mind though, there’s enough games for the PC engine emulator that do work very well to keep me satisfied.

Apoklepz
September 21st, 2006, 17:41
Yeah, the only thing I use PCE for is to play Akumajo Dracula X:Rondo of Blood, but the music's sound is waaaay to crappy and doesn't loop.

I really wish e can bring this thing full swing, so that we can all enjoy playing these Turbo CD games...even if they really aren't that many.

Baboon
September 21st, 2006, 20:16
Yeah, the only thing I use PCE for is to play Akumajo Dracula X:Rondo of Blood, but the music's sound is waaaay to crappy and doesn't loop.

I really wish e can bring this thing full swing, so that we can all enjoy playing these Turbo CD games...even if they really aren't that many.

Ahh thats a great game too. :D

Like you said, hopefully these emulators will get updated so that they can eventualy play some of these exclusive (and pretty cool) games. ...fingers crossed. :)

I've sent a PM to ya fella.

matt2k
September 21st, 2006, 20:58
If there are any coders out there looking at this thread, might I recommend you look at this:

http://mednafen.com/

This is an emu that has been sitting quietly in the backround. It is a multi-emu, but can be compiled so that it only emulates one system.

Most recently, the PC Engine part of it was ported to the Xbox. I have to say it ran virtually eveything I threw at it....and it ran perfectly. Strider, Drac X, you name it, it plays it. WAV or MP3 is supported.

I hope this interests just a few of you.

Apoklepz
September 21st, 2006, 21:02
That sounds very interesting indeed...wonder how hard it will be to port over to PSP.

splodger15
September 21st, 2006, 21:10
I did'nt even know there was a Strider game on the PC engine?

same here

matt2k
September 21st, 2006, 21:21
http://www.pcengine.com.br/strider/strider.htm

info and pics on Strider for PCE

Apoklepz
September 21st, 2006, 21:40
Oh yeah...that's the one with the bonus stages.
It's not a bad port, but the controls are very stiff. It can get pretty frustrating at times, when there's lot of little enemies on screen and your sword doesn't react fast enough.

BTW, is it just me? or...Who else can't wait to play Strider II on PSP?

b8a
September 23rd, 2006, 11:01
BTW, is it just me? or...Who else can't wait to play Strider II on PSP?Freaking 'A, I think that's the last retro game I'm waiting on (well, SFIII as well, but that's just not going to happen unless Capcom waters it down). The only time I ever saw it was at a smokey arcade when I was an even poorer student so I never got a chance to pump more than a coin or two into it, but it was simply sweet. Why hasn't Capcom ever released that for a home console??? (or, should I say, HAVE THEY?) That ran off of lowly PS1 level hardware if I'm not mistaken, so it should be cake for any of the current generation consoles, shouldn't it?? Given the MANY MANY different Strider ports to the MANY MANY different consoles, I'd figure that this would have been a no brainer. Especially since it was heads and shoulders more exciting then the prequel ever was.

@matt2k - Thanks so much for posting that mednafen link! It looks like this actually runs on OSX?? I've been looking for a PCE emulator for OSX for a long time! Deffinately want to check this out...

Panini
September 23rd, 2006, 11:29
The arcade game of Strider 2 is awsome! I only played this recently on mame on the pc and its a proper sequal in sort of 3d, unlike the cack version on the megadrive. The psp needs strider 2!!!!

sedkiller
September 24th, 2006, 06:42
can someone PM me a link to the download of PCEP (latest verion). Would be great thanks...

ACID
September 24th, 2006, 06:44
Hopefully the E emulator will someday.

sedkiller
September 24th, 2006, 06:46
Dunno if it works with a 2.6 firmware ???

ACID
September 24th, 2006, 06:48
Try the latest E emulator runs most pc engine games great.

sedkiller
September 24th, 2006, 06:51
kk thanks i'll try it out. hope it works on 2.6.

ACID
September 24th, 2006, 06:54
it should work plus you dont have to convert it its allready a 1.0 , 2.0 PBP

sedkiller
September 24th, 2006, 07:03
I found the latest but I cant find out how to install it lol the is no folder for game or something like that.... dont know if you can help me out..?

ACID
September 24th, 2006, 07:11
make a folder call it PCE or what ever youd like and put all the content in it.