PDA

View Full Version : Ti calculator emulator

Elven6
September 20th, 2006, 02:02
Their are a few out for other consoles which include the sources, so why not a Dreamcast port?

BrooksyX
September 20th, 2006, 06:51
Whats the purpose of having it on the dreamcast. I can understand if there was one for computer because you can do your homework and I can also understand one for the psp and other portable devices because you can take them to class with you. But one for the dc doesnt make a lot of since, its not really worth it just for the games if that is the only reason that you want one.

pibs
September 20th, 2006, 07:47
I hate school policy's, turns out i can't use my psp ti emu for sat's cuz its considered "cheating" because i can "program" the test into it????

acn010
September 20th, 2006, 07:52
I hate school policy's, turns out i can't use my psp ti emu for sat's cuz its considered "cheating" because i can "program" the test into it????
ha ha ha, of course you cant, and you know it too.............

quzar
September 20th, 2006, 22:42
Whats the purpose of having it on the dreamcast. I can understand if there was one for computer because you can do your homework and I can also understand one for the psp and other portable devices because you can take them to class with you. But one for the dc doesnt make a lot of since, its not really worth it just for the games if that is the only reason that you want one.

That's you opinion. Someone could just as easily say "why have an SNES emulator? It's not worth it just for the games...".

Basically, a good deal of emulation is done for emulation's sake. IIRC the Dreamcast still holds the title for most emulated systems on a video game console, and we'd like to keep it that way.

All that being said, I've seen one or two and they aren't extremely portable. We'll see.

Elven6
September 21st, 2006, 01:12
So is someone making it or what?

Darksaviour69
September 21st, 2006, 11:47
i think Quzar was implying that he might have a go in porting a Ti calculator emulator to the dreamcast

FrierTuck
October 15th, 2006, 15:46
you know what, i support this, all i ever really wanted to do on my DCs was graph parabalas and functions

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 16th, 2006, 02:21
u wanna put that calculater stuff on your DC? in my opinion at first i thought for acalculater its gaming abilities and grafx are great then later i thought in this day and age if a tiny cell phone can have those good grafx and is small why not a TI-83, 84, 85... i wouldnt fool with it unless the emu is for a handhrld or cell. Maybe a nomad or a NGPC?

mesosade
October 16th, 2006, 20:59
ummm calculator on DC? that's pretty mindless it would be OK if you do homework whilst playing DC (tried it won't work lol)

Cap'n 1time
October 16th, 2006, 22:36
mmm always in the mood for a TI - x emulator :)