PDA

View Full Version : Need to "Brick" My PSP , does anyone wants to test something crazy ??

jethro
September 20th, 2006, 04:02
Hello all,

I here with a sad storie, I live in Brazil , I have got my psp here , with an extended waranty... now my psp got some scratchs and some anoing marks... I went to the shop to buy a replacement faceplate and, of course , i need to do that there to prevent from losing my warranty... for my surprise , they simple refuse-it to do-it , and since they dont have spare parts , in case of my psp becomes a "brick" , they have to replace-it... so, i order to help the comunity , i have here a psp to use as test for anything , what I need is to transform my psp in to a black brick... if anyones wants me to test some app , or downgrader... anything , just send me a mail , [email protected] with procedures and files...

Wally
September 20th, 2006, 04:42
just run the latest update and turn the power off half way through..

BTW an easier solution, run a cd scratch removal kit over the faceplate, will fix scratches

Broadus
September 20th, 2006, 06:13
Yeah, Wally's solution would be a lot better than buying a new faceplate or bricking your PSP for a free warranty replacement or something, because there's no gaurantee that your PSP couldn't just get scratched again. Though, if it has some big, nasty cracks like mine used to have, THEN you might want a replacement.
PSPs sure are crack-prone.
It is a pseudo-noble thing to put your PSP on the line for some brick-risky testing, even though you can apparently just replace it with the warranty.

acn010
September 20th, 2006, 09:12
Why In The World Bricking?

pibs
September 20th, 2006, 09:21
once i get my psp modded ill be happy to run anyones code for them ;D but as for jethro..........DON'T brick it!

i was thinking exactly like you but i decided to void my warranty since sony would crap out on me and send me a new mobo installed psp making it sooo useless.
I bought a pretty cool faceplate that you can replace the little square where the lcd goes with extras, the extras cost like 3bucks so it keeps my scratch worries away.

If you drop ur unwarranty psp and it breaks, the replacement parts are cheaper than a trip to sony's factory................

Broadus
September 22nd, 2006, 01:11
Yeah, pibster has a good point. If you get a new firmware from Sony, it will be 2.81.

LilSwish722
September 23rd, 2006, 18:06
Yeah, pibster has a good point. If you get a new firmware from Sony, it will be 2.81.
yea and 2.81 is BAD