PDA

View Full Version : Retail Saves to ROM Saves?

Arimasen
September 20th, 2006, 03:52
Before I start, I'm not asking for ROMs or talking about ROMs themselves, I'm talking about converting save files.

Is it possible to take save files from your retail NDS games and convert them into save files usable for .nds roms on your chosen media device like M3? This of course with the use of a homebrew program. I'm not sure if Rein or ReinMoon can do this because the programs are in japanese and no one is giving us help on what they do exactly, but they do deal with save files in some way. If anyone can make a program that could do this effortlessly, it would be appreciated.

Destroyer699
September 20th, 2006, 05:35
You can get save files from (dare I say) Datel's (there I did it) Action replay Duo. I forget what type of file they are but they aren't .sav. I don't know about converting them.

cloud_952
September 20th, 2006, 17:02
Or you could download (I think) "Reinmoon" which lets you take your save from your retail cart. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I've never used it.

Mazza
September 20th, 2006, 18:06
yes reinmoon is the app to use

Qerppsmmnx
September 20th, 2006, 18:32
There is a disclaimer that Reinmoon can currupt your entire memory card. So, don't get pissed off if it does, and be extremely happy if it doesn't. However i have heard that it doesn't currupt cards a lot, like some people have used it many times with no problems.

Arimasen
September 20th, 2006, 18:56
Reinmoon has no english readme, its a japanese program. I'm not sure how to run it.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 20th, 2006, 20:29
Get an AR max duo, backup a save, export it, do some stuff...feh, I'll esplain lator.

Destroyer699
September 21st, 2006, 03:19
If you get an animal crossing save you can do wonderful things to it with a program called AnimalMap.

Junixx
September 21st, 2006, 03:35
If you get an animal crossing save you can do wonderful things to it with a program called AnimalMap.

Heheh thats always fun to do lol, i added all the rare items there was with a trainer that worked with my X-ROM lol

Destroyer699
September 21st, 2006, 03:44
How about mansion seeds? Muahahha....

Junixx
September 21st, 2006, 04:31
How about mansion seeds? Muahahha....

Oh i didn't even mess with those, heard it could corrupt your town :eek:

The Hombrew Hunter
September 21st, 2006, 12:09
Very fun in OTHER'S towns...kekekeke...

Destroyer699
September 21st, 2006, 23:55
Indeed. You can block things.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 22nd, 2006, 00:07
*cough gate cough of a bitch cough evil ******* coughcough*

YES!

kcajblue
September 22nd, 2006, 00:17
ok THH. im sorry to say this, (even i know it was on accident, so dont take it seriously) but dont double post.