PDA

View Full Version : Wifi switch broke...

FoXDemon
September 20th, 2006, 04:28
I cannot believe this... when I was in my programming class (BTW is boring ;) ) my teacher walked into me which caused my psp that I was testing my LUA game on slipped out of my logitech case (I was all like... :eek: ) and busted the wifi switch... Then I started to scream "NOOO NO SOCOM FTB 2 ONLINE OMG NO KILLZONE ONLINE!!!!" (OK... I may have not screamed that out but I wanted to :( )

I think it may be busted on the actual switch so I think I may be able to fix it, or at least flip it on inside the psp. Or what replacement part would I need for a wifi fix? thanks for the reply.

OH I almost have forgotten... is there a tutorial or video on how I would do this? thanks
(Maybe super-glue will be a cheap fix :cool: )

acn010
September 20th, 2006, 08:13
how it doesn't work, switch stuck?

pibs
September 20th, 2006, 08:27
damn, GL because they charge alot for those i think, i looked for a replacement power plastic lil switch and it rang me up $20.00 Eeesh thats steep not to mention plus shipping, plus it was really hard finding it because all my searches would lead me to the actual switch that you weld on ><

try ebay it should be the cheapest there

if you have no paypal try this one site that i found its pretty cool i think it was called xboxrepairguide.com lately ive been thinking of doing this one LED mod on my psp:)

acn010
September 20th, 2006, 08:29
ebay sucks though

FoXDemon
September 20th, 2006, 14:14
Well it is like the switch slides up and down with no force whatsoever.

wanka
September 20th, 2006, 16:39
mate mine broke once and i rang up sonypsp the number in the back of the book (manual)
they get you to quote the serial number.. dont say you dropped it just say it doesnt work they will courier another to you and you just swap the psp for another on your door step..
make sure you take ya memory card out and umd if in there.

FoXDemon
September 21st, 2006, 05:16
That would be a very good idea except they would most likely give me a 2.81 firmware psp instead of a 1.5 :(

wanka
September 21st, 2006, 21:41
yeah i hear ya on that one.