PDA

View Full Version : GT HD and the High Cost of Playing

wraggster
September 20th, 2006, 23:56
According to a post at Beyond3D an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi about the new Gran Turismo on PS3 in the latest issue of Famitsu has more details on microtransactions in the game.

According to the article, shortly after PlayStation 3's launch there will be two versions of the new Gran Turismo HD, both have online multiplayer. Gran Turismo 5 will not arrive until 2008.

Gran Turismo HD: Premium is a GT5 prologue that comes with two courses and 30 cars. Gran Turismo HD: Classic has no cars or courses and is meant to be a platform for the online multiplayer, which according to this report supports up to 20 cars in a race.

Up to 750 cars and 50 tracks will be available for purchase. The cars are reportedly 50 - 100 yen (approx. $0.43 - 0.85) and courses are 200 - 500 yen (approx. $1.71 - 4.26). You will not get cars via in game events, only by purchasing and downloading. Apparently, there are also plans to release limited numbers of downloads for special courses.

IGN contacted Sony who would not comment at this time. Does this mean that to own all the cars and courses in GT HD a PS3 owner would have to drop up $500-845 bucks on Gran Turismo? What if you don't download all the courses, but your friend does? Can you not race on that track unless you buy it? Hopefully, these questions can be answered later this week at Sony's Press Conference from the Tokyo Game Show

Video_freak
September 20th, 2006, 23:57
That sucks. These should be unlockables, not purchaseable items! :mad:

ACID
September 20th, 2006, 23:58
Not getting it now.

Video_freak
September 21st, 2006, 00:00
Not getting it now.
See Sony, this is what happens when you do this bs. :mad:

migsgiz
September 21st, 2006, 00:15
Man! Wat Sup Sony Ya Slipping!
Is Like U Want To Lose The War

Ps3: To Much
360: Only Like Cod2
Wii: Are U Kidden Me!, U Cant Play Dvd Move
Which Mean Ill Have Give Up My Ps2
To My Baby Girl So She Can See Disney Movies
Psp: Is The Only Thing Holding My Down
(god Bless The Homebrew On Psp)

F9zDark
September 21st, 2006, 01:06
Recently I have come to enjoy racing games and I while I cannot say I was planning on buying this one, but now I certainly wont.

Oblivion is what started this shit, with its mods being for sale on X360 and online. Apparently this blatently retarded move has made its way to the PS3.

I am really starting to hate where the gaming industry is headed. Games are not and should not become online marketplaces for the end user to dump more their hard earned money. And its a trend that will only continue, because there ARE people dumb enough to waste money on things like a mod or an addition to a game.

Well Sony, if you condone this behavior and allow many more games to be produced with this intent in mind, then you will find me less and less at the game store buying PS3 games.

StreetRacerTPSPL
September 21st, 2006, 01:42
That suck why sony is doing this to ALL of US.:confused: the last thing we need is that
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Video_freak
September 21st, 2006, 03:03
Um, nice first post StreetRacerTPSPL. Try to keep them a little smaller in the future. ;)

irongiant
September 21st, 2006, 15:37
Hmmm i'll wait for the official announcements before passing judgement. It's true though that this is the directio the big companies want gaming to head in.. as in episodic content, microtransactions and all that crap. Basically so they can sell us a basic game then continue to milk it indefinitely. The days of buying a game and getting everything included/unlocked on the disc are numbered.

MS have tried it with Oblivion, other games are following suit. Even Lumines 2 on LIVE will charge you extra as you progress. Personally though GT would work for me as although i enjoy the game i'm really not bothered with the hundreds of different cars and tend to just play with a handful so just buying a few cars would work just fine.