PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Tape Recorder V2d

wraggster
September 21st, 2006, 00:20
Art (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=741693)has updated his Virtual Tape Recorder for the PSP, heres whats new:

Virtual Tape Recorder V2d 19/09/06:
- Fixed Rewind to work at correct speed during playback.
- Reel is now a Microsoft compliant wav file.

Heres more info:

Thanks to lteixeira's audio library of course! To be honest, with all this time he's been able to do this, and holding out, I'd be suprised if he doesn't come up with something much better.

To be honest though, the sample code sux as a stand alone app, and only really demonstrates it's possibilities to other programmers.

I'd like to continue this one, and wrap it in a nice graphic GUI, etc. for now it only records at 44100 high quality (four minutes takes a 20Mb file).

Probable future expansion:
- Play at normal speed in reverse.
- Extend recording time.

!!!! READ THE README !!!!
Cheers, Art.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via art (http://forums.qj.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5424&d=1158646088)

Nikolaos
September 21st, 2006, 01:06
i think my headset is broken =/ i dunno..

NoQuarter
September 21st, 2006, 03:04
Damn Art,You make some of the most useful apps for the psp.I truly appreciate your work!Keep it up!!!!!!! :D

mr_nick666
September 21st, 2006, 09:50
Damn Art,You make some of the most useful apps for the psp.I truly appreciate your work!Keep it up!!!!!!! :D

/\ /\ Yup! ;) As Im always saying.. Its not just about games :p If you need any front end graphics when you do your GUI just ask! :)

Dickhead
September 21st, 2006, 15:16
This is a great app and a very nice update, I will try out when I sort out a mic that works.
It will be nice to record to MP3 with a selection of sound qualitys such as 22500khz as this will take up less space and may record longer, only an idea and I know this is still in early stages, Keep it up

LC_killer
September 22nd, 2006, 05:40
i cant wait till this get put into the drum machine so that i can write beats, and record vocals on my psp. making my psp a portable studio

Edshugeo
September 22nd, 2006, 13:22
i cant wait till this get put into the drum machine so that i can write beats, and record vocals on my psp. making my psp a portable studio

That would be great. I'm looking forward to something like that as well.

And yet another reason to never upgrade.