PDA

View Full Version : PSP GPS Screenshot ?

wraggster
September 21st, 2006, 00:29
Supposedly this is a screenshot of the PSP GPS in action.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspgpsscreen.jpg

Doesnt really float my boat does that pic, what do you all think ?

pibs
September 21st, 2006, 00:30
loooks like battleship

The_It
September 21st, 2006, 00:35
BAH it could be better, they could show the strengs of all of the satelites like the etrex vista

Video_freak
September 21st, 2006, 00:36
Doesn't seem real...

Basil Zero
September 21st, 2006, 00:55
looks like something a secret dark organization plotting to take over the world would have.........lol

F9zDark
September 21st, 2006, 00:56
Looks retarded... When last I checked the purpose of the Global Positioning System was to show the location of the user on earth. Not the locations of the satellites...

**1_Man_Matrix**
September 21st, 2006, 01:03
Looks retarded... When last I checked the purpose of the Global Positioning System was to show the location of the user on earth. Not the locations of the satellites...

Hah, satellites need to know where they are too ya know :p Yer, it does look dumb, and very cheap...

looks like something a secret dark organization plotting to take over the world would have.........lol

Heh, quick! Someone call Sean Connery!

gotmilk0112
September 21st, 2006, 01:06
those little green and white balls have "$" signs on them!!

THIS IS A PLOT FROM $ONY TO FIND ALL T3H MONEYz$Z!!!

but they also look like a regular "S" so i cant tell :p

gymnotropic
September 21st, 2006, 01:06
If that is the only function it has, it is seriously worthless to basically everyone-- but I highly doubt that's the extent of what it can do.

El Payo
September 21st, 2006, 01:22
Supposedly this is a screenshot of the PSP GPS in action.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspgpsscreen.jpg

Doesnt really float my boat does that pic, what do you all think ?

That just looks like the satellite linking screen. I'm assuming that's just a branch off of the settings screen.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 21st, 2006, 02:23
Looks like a screen from the old arcade game SDI.Man thats pants.

DragonPimpsta
September 21st, 2006, 03:26
you guys dont give enough credit to sony.. =/ if they are gonna sell GPS thingys then they definately are gonna make something MORE than that cuz they know no one would buy it, and sony is all about the money and marketing =o

Nafogel
September 21st, 2006, 04:04
it doesnt even look professional quality. i'd be willing to bet it was a fake. $20 bucks anyone??? lol

DKing
September 21st, 2006, 05:14
That's simply the satellite page showing which satellites it has found. It obviously has to do that to determine your position. There's no reason that it couldn't be real although I doubt it's an actual screenshot. To me it looks like just an artists representation. The $ would normally be the satellite number. Having said that it could use a bit more sprucing up. It should at least show the signal strength of each one.

When last I checked the purpose of the Global Positioning System was to show the location of the user on earth. Not the locations of the satellites...

This is standand in probably every GPS out there these days. You might want to read up on GPSs a bit more.

nofx_sk8
September 21st, 2006, 06:35
I had a similar app for my IPAQ 3630 but this one looks fake , very strange the view to the satellites on the sky !!!!
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2246/pspgpsscreennf3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

tophead420
September 21st, 2006, 07:53
looks more like PSP radar than GPS lmao i dont need a radar im not in the army lmao

pibs
September 21st, 2006, 07:59
are you sure that just isnt sony tracking down on dark alex and his buds?

mr_nick666
September 21st, 2006, 09:28
are you sure that just isnt sony tracking down on dark alex and his buds?

Damn that corporation! :mad: The evil lasers of doom will be hunting them to the ends of the Earth! :eek: Its a good thing they all live in a bunker deep within the ground at an undisclosed location... :p (I could tell you but Id have to kill you) ;)

Back to reality.. :o As for the screenie... Its hard to say until we know more... :confused: Time will tell :)

Baboon
September 21st, 2006, 12:30
For some reason on my PC there is no picture displayed at all from Wragsters post?? ...its dropped off the radar! lol

Facho
September 21st, 2006, 12:44
This is just the acquiring satellites image, every GPS has this kind of info. Then you can select another screen with streets, or another kind of info, like height, distances, heading, waypoints, etc...

Basil Zero
September 21st, 2006, 14:24
but they could of at least made it look reliable lol

Shiaoran
September 21st, 2006, 15:56
To me they look like Sony(explain the S on them) sattelites and that the GPS shows the closest sattelites to you to connect to the GPS service.

S34MU5
September 21st, 2006, 18:43
shocking someone made that on paint