PDA

View Full Version : Cannot get Homebrew/GBA roms to work

dead2self
September 21st, 2006, 18:34
I have tried everything I can think of.

What I have:

NDS lite
M3 Movie Player + PassMe 3 (now flashme v7)
and some homebrew roms (nethack ds, drug wars ds, more)

When I launch the game I get Game Loading ... the bar goes all the way across, the top screen flickers, then it just hangs there. The only one that showed a sign of working was nethack, when I loaded it it looked like it might work, but then it just went to a black screen with a small green pixel/dot on the top screen.

I have the same prob with GBA roms, I cant get any of them to work. Any help would be great, thanks.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 21st, 2006, 20:15
Did you update the M3 firmware? Game manager?

Did you run GBA roms through the game manager?

For GBA games, run ONLY in GBA mode. For homebrew of NDS, if it is a .ds.gba file, load it with A. If it's a .nds file, load it with Start.

dead2self
September 21st, 2006, 21:31
Did you update the M3 firmware? Game manager?

Did you run GBA roms through the game manager?

For GBA games, run ONLY in GBA mode. For homebrew of NDS, if it is a .ds.gba file, load it with A. If it's a .nds file, load it with Start.

Thank you kind sir. I wasn't loading it with the start button, that seems to be the problem. Although I still cannot get nethack to work, but im going to redownload it and see what happens.

Junixx
September 21st, 2006, 21:47
Thank you kind sir. I wasn't loading it with the start button, that seems to be the problem. Although I still cannot get nethack to work, but im going to redownload it and see what happens.

Make sure you have the "Nethack" folder on the root directory of your card, or whatever that folder is called

dead2self
September 21st, 2006, 23:58
I do, it comes up but only shows a green dot. :/