PDA

View Full Version : FFXII gets closer to Europe

wraggster
September 21st, 2006, 19:23
Final Fantasy XII has been out since March in its home country, and is due for release this October 31 in the US... with Europe suspiciously left off any release schedule from the Japanese giant. Until now that is, as Square Enix has finally confirmed that the English language version will finally be adventuring across the Atlantic for an early 2007 release.

John Yamamoto, President and CEO of Square Enix commented "we are very excited to be bringing FFXII to Europe and PAL territories next year. The game has been a massive success in Japan and looks set to become one of the crowning glories of PlayStation 2."

Obviously 'early 2007' is still quite vague, but at least the long-awaited RPG is now 100% confirmed to hit these shores. No details were given whether we would get the US Collector's Edition although we are keeping our fingers crossed given Square's past tendency to reward European gamers for dramatic delays, with Final Fantasy X receiving tweaks before it landed in Europe.

JKKDARK
September 21st, 2006, 19:29
agh, I can't wait for the european release..

Sephiroth86
September 22nd, 2006, 13:47
I hate it to be an European (Germany). I mean we always have to wait for the best games, just like Final Fantasy. The PS3 will be available april 2007 and not november 2006! The same with the movies. I am waiting really long for Final Fantasy Advent children movie but it isn't out yet and maybe will only be available as UMD.
I hope that FF XII will be good. I've readed that the fighting System has changed a bit. Hopefully not to the bad. I mean the fighting system is what makes a Final fantasy a Final Fantasy!!!

JKKDARK
September 22nd, 2006, 14:14
The PS3 will be available april 2007 and not november 2006!
I heard march '07..

Sephiroth86
September 23rd, 2006, 18:50
^^ Sorry you're right. But it's not alot better. I'm happy it will be available at Europe.