PDA

View Full Version : NDS m3 lite loader problem, language help?

discoani
September 21st, 2006, 19:45
Hello all, this is my first post, thanks for reading. I just got the m3 lite and passcard 3, i tried booting it without putting anything on my memory card and it worked fine. Once i put the english loader version 23 on it, it says

"Please use English version update file for this card. Update file language version error!"

I am using a 512mb micro SD and the m3 lite. I know that the card is in all the way, and i am pretty sure the m3 is in the slot all the way. I am downloading the v28 from the website right now and i will try that. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!

edit: i just downloaded updagcsd.e28 and put it in the root directory of my micro sd card and i am getting the same error.

edit: Maybe my NDS is not english? Everything is written in english, i bought it online from an american ebay dealer (i think). How can i check this?

edit: I bypassed the instalation of the loader and i can see the games, music, movies and files in my card so i know the card is working fine.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 21st, 2006, 20:16
Hm. GC is CF, sd is SD...hm. Try another language, then redo it with english.

If not, it's not that hard to use in another language, there are pictures and whatnot.

Junixx
September 21st, 2006, 21:53
edit: Maybe my NDS is not english? Everything is written in english, i bought it online from an american ebay dealer (i think). How can i check this?

The DS isn't region locked so theres no need to worry about that, you can order Japanese games and play them on a American DS

discoani
September 21st, 2006, 22:09
i tried running the chinese version but that did the same thing. I have no idea what this could be

The Hombrew Hunter
September 21st, 2006, 22:36
Try sending it back to where you bought it saying "It won't update."

BUT BEFORE YOU DO!

Try the second-newest one.

Attached.

discoani
September 21st, 2006, 23:05
thanks for the reply THH, that is the absolute worst thing i wanted to hear :( i bought the thing in china, i dont want to send it back because it will take 14-21 days to get there and another 14-21 days to get it back. I'll try what you posted

discoani
September 21st, 2006, 23:13
sadly that did not work also :(

The Hombrew Hunter
September 21st, 2006, 23:52
Last thing to try....

You'll HAVE to return it. If I can wait for 6 weeks to get a return from CANADA, you should survive.

discoani
September 22nd, 2006, 01:48
getting desperate before i send it back, im waiting for response from m3adapter and bamboogaming. I was wondering if i try formating my card a few different ways that could help, or maybe even flashing my DS instead of using passcard 3?

kcajblue
September 22nd, 2006, 01:56
did you only try the english and chinese updates.
because there are other language updates for the M3.

discoani
September 22nd, 2006, 02:12
yes, i just tried korean and japanese that was on the cd that i got. i have tried the following:

japan 23
korean 23
english 23
chinese 23
english 24
english 27
english 28

Lets see if i am doing this right.

1. Load updagcsd.e23 onto my micro SD card
2. Put micro SD card into m3 lite adapter
3. Insert Passcard into DS slot
4. Turn on DS, select passcard slot ( tried using GBA slot too)
5. Screen says "Find update file UPDAGCSD.E23. Press START to update system or press A to cancel.
6. Press START and then i get the error message.
7. If i hit A, i am able to run the program, but nothing works, no movies, pictures, mp3s or games will load.

kcajblue
September 22nd, 2006, 02:15
you can try updating with the newest firmware.
you can get the newest updates Here (http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/).
you are installing the update correctly.

discoani
September 22nd, 2006, 02:27
no go :(

kcajblue
September 22nd, 2006, 02:32
then your going to have to get it exchanged for a new one.

discoani
September 22nd, 2006, 02:41
well thank you very much for your help you 2, i really appreciate you guys taking the time to try to help me out.

jamsplodge
September 28th, 2006, 20:48
I have just had the same problem as you. Decided to back up all my saves and format the memory card. Made sure the only thing that was on the card was updagcsd.e28 and then tried updating. Worked perfectly. Hope it works for you too. If you've sent it back already I hope you don't read this :/

kcajblue
September 28th, 2006, 23:38
yeah... that was awhile back. he might have sent it back already.

discoani
September 30th, 2006, 16:56
I have just had the same problem as you. Decided to back up all my saves and format the memory card. Made sure the only thing that was on the card was updagcsd.e28 and then tried updating. Worked perfectly. Hope it works for you too. If you've sent it back already I hope you don't read this :/

I wish that would work for me. Here is what i posted on another forum:

WEll, i just got my 2nd m3 lite in the mail today (i talked to the people at bamboo and i told them my problem, and i asked if i bought another would they send it and then give me money back when i sent the broken one in, they said it was okay), and guess what? Same problem. Since i last posted, i have bought 2 memory cards, i have formated in fat32 and fat, and i have tried even the v29 today. Nothing works. Heres my thoughts as of now:

its either the NDS thats not liking it, or the memory card reader that is messing up.

What are the chances of bamboogaming sending me 2 bad m3 lites? I dont have another NDS to test this one, and i have no friends that have one. I really have no idea how to test this out, and i am getting very upset and i bought the NDS for the sole purpose of getting this to work. As of now i have invested almost $300 into this, and i could have just bought a freakin playstation 2 or xbox 360.

Edit: Oh and by the way, i bought my NDS new on ebay from a huge power seller, I bought it 1 month ago, and its firmware v5 ( i think that its called firmware)

discoani
September 30th, 2006, 18:01
It seems that one of my memory cards could be bad, and the other is okay. I have it working on one, thank god! is it normal for the update to take about 20 seconds and do you have to do it every time or just the first time?

kcajblue
September 30th, 2006, 18:32
the update always takes awhile to finish.
you only need to use it once until a new update comes out.

eduboys
October 31st, 2006, 04:41
I am having a similar problem, except I cannot select the DS Cartridge, only the GBA cartrige. How do I fix this? Is it a problem with the Pass Me Card?