PDA

View Full Version : FINAL PROBLEM :P, Autosaving on M3, failing time and time over, why?

chemical
September 21st, 2006, 20:47
Hey,

Well forget my other post, I figured out it was because I have autosave turned off, i'd like to have it on, but the reason i turned it off is this:

I always get

whatever-the-game-name-is.NDS

Warning! NDS GAME SAVE in card but CANNOT find ATUOSAVE (yes, it actually says ATUO, not AUTO) backup file. Backup fail! Press A to continue.

Does anyone know why this is and how to fix autosave?, do I need to create special folders or files?, have i missed something I should of put on my SD card?

Any help is VERY much appreciated, once this is fixed i don't have anymore probs.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 21st, 2006, 21:17
Do you have 2 SD cards? Before swapping them out, turn it off after a game, turn it back on, once it saves, turn it off...Then swap. It's because it saves the current save to SRAM, then when it's rebooted with the .sav file card, it saves to the .sav. Weird saving.

chemical
September 21st, 2006, 21:25
Nah, I only use one SD Card :/

So theres not a special folder/file im supposed to have like "AUTOSAVE" ?

I can't see why it wont work, for example, i play a game, I save, I turn off, I turn on, and it has the backup failed message.

>:[

The Hombrew Hunter
September 21st, 2006, 22:06
Did you rename your rom at any time after loading it with the game manager?

You might have a loader that is uncompatible with saving said game.

SSaxdude
September 21st, 2006, 22:32
Make sure you have the newest firmware and game manager updates, which can be found at ds-scene.net

kcajblue
September 22nd, 2006, 00:57
if you dont patch the file through the GM it will give you that message.

chemical
September 22nd, 2006, 12:01
thanks for the help, kcaj that was the problem, I figured the M3 GM was just for commercial roms, and that homebrew would just work instantly, but now I know that even if its something like Beup, it stills runs as SuperMarioBros.nds or something like that would, I patched every .nds file and .gba file, tested plently of times, now it works, yay! :), now I can enjoy it.

Thanks again.