PDA

View Full Version : PS3 : Sega Megadrive(Genesis) on PS3!

happy_mak
September 22nd, 2006, 03:20
Ken Kutaragi has spelt at the TGS(Tokyo Game Show 2006) that apart from PSOne and PS2 titles to be playable on the PS3 based on the e-distribution initiative, he has also announced that Genesis (Megadrive) software also would be offered. The e-distribution initiative from Sony looks promising:)

Famitsu Link URL : http://www.famitsu.com/blog/express/2006/09/e.html

Video_freak
September 22nd, 2006, 03:21
Once again, stealing ideas form Nintendo. :P

JKKDARK
September 22nd, 2006, 03:23
Now, sony need to make a handheld like DS :p

NoQuarter
September 22nd, 2006, 03:23
Not trying to pay to play my old games,somebody will write a free emu or you could probably just install an existing linux megadrive emu,hopefully.

happy_mak
September 22nd, 2006, 05:06

Ahhh well, thats true, but it isnt that bad, we get to play the games you know.....

stotheamuel
September 22nd, 2006, 05:38
and nintendo stole the buying of cheap games from microsoft... so technicaly it is not stealing... its joining in

quzar
September 22nd, 2006, 05:56
and nintendo stole the buying of cheap games from microsoft... so technicaly it is not stealing... its joining in

Stellaview or SegaChannel. Take your pick, they both had the service with full games ages before MS "invented" it with live.

Kaiser
September 22nd, 2006, 05:59
Stellaview or SegaChannel. Take your pick, they both had the service with full games ages before MS "invented" it with live.

Oh I miss Sega Channel. ;)

Edit: Can anyone translate that page directly?

stotheamuel
September 22nd, 2006, 06:10

i never said they "invented " it I'm saying they had that sort of thing before nintendo announced it... so how is it okay to say " ohh ohh sony is stealing an idea..."

Nemo2006X
September 22nd, 2006, 06:20
They should just get gamer tap :)

quzar
September 22nd, 2006, 06:24
i never said they "invented " it I'm saying they had that sort of thing before nintendo announced it... so how is it okay to say " ohh ohh sony is stealing an idea..."

Because if you follow the chain further back, microsoft stole the idea from prior places.

The point is that Nintendo, within the last year announced the whole deal with allowing for the download of legacy system games that will be playable through emulation, and now that the PS3 is approaching release, with no prior indication they were planning anything like this, they put out news that they are doing something nearly identical to what nintendo is doing. THAT is why it's ok to say that Sony is stealing the idea.

Actually the only system out there to have ever done downloadable games to be played through emulation is the Dreamcast, which had a genesis and tg16 emulator built into some of it's web browsers, that allowed you to play emulated games of those systems for a fee.

ACID
September 22nd, 2006, 06:52
how so please let us know

Wally
September 22nd, 2006, 07:16
So why dont sony allow the PSP to emulate this system as well??

NoQuarter
September 22nd, 2006, 07:18
Good point wally,of course you would probably have to buy the downloads

b8a
September 22nd, 2006, 11:02
Can anyone translate that page directly?Here you go:
During his keynote address SCE president Ken Kutaragi spoke about his views on whats to come and how the arrival of the Playstation 3 will affect the game industry. During this talk, president Kutaragi also touched on the internet based contents distribution system, eDistribution. Along with once again stating that it will distribute first generation Playstation and Playstation 2 titles, as well as allowing for the play of demos, he also unveiled that there are plans to similarly allow Sega Megadrive software to be used as well.

porchemasi
September 27th, 2006, 21:46
cough do i smell a copy cat